Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finger shooters

Old 08-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finger shooters

I watched a tv show and the host forgot his release and had to shoot fingers. Has anybody had to do this?Does anybody practice for this or would you scrap the hunt? I was thinking about practicing just in case this happens.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:57 PM

Default RE: Finger shooters

Never heard anyone forget their release. The only way that would ever happen to me is if I had a severe case of Buck Fever and was so excited to get out.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:15 PM

I doubt his compound was set up to shoot fingers ....... another example of TV hunting idiocy
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

Never heard anyone forget their release. The only way that would ever happen to me is if I had a severe case of Buck Fever and was so excited to get out.
It happens, trust me.

A few years ago I forgot it in the truck.

I was up in my stand that morning and I happened to notice that one of the pins on my sight had busted off. Fortunately I carried an extra set in the truck, along with a portable target. I got down out of my stand, went back to the truck, replaced the pin, made sure everything was good to go.

Took my release off and set it on the hood of the truck when I loaded my tools and the target back into the truck. Walked all the way back to my stand before I realized I forgot to grab my release off the hood of the truck.

A week straight of waking up at 3:30AM to sit in a stand for 8 - 10 hours tends to make a guy lose track of things.