HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finger Shooters String Torque
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 04:45 AM
IL Trophy Hunter

Default Finger Shooters String Torque

Was wondering how other finger shooters hold the string. I use three fingers one above the nock and two below. I've shot this way for years. Had a problem every once in a while with my arrow coming off the rest because of string pinch. Recently while drawing a bow at a shop that was set up w/ a TM hunter rest my arrow kept coming off the rest during my draw. I tried several times and could not get the bow drawn w/ out the arrow coming off. Some one suggested that I put all three fingers under the nock and draw it that way. Will I did it, and to my suprise I pulled the arrow right back on the rest, w/ out the string pinch causing the arrow to come off. My question is does anyone know exactly whats causing my string pinch w/ my method compared to the three fingers under the rest, and how do I remedy it. Or should I just get used to the three fingers under style? My only concern w/ this is that I switched to a whisker biscuit, and w, all three fingers under that changes my sight line when drawn to darn near straight down the arrow, so I'm afraid the biscuit is going to be right there in my sight picture.