Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SKUNKED!

Old 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default SKUNKED!

Hunted yesterday. Today I have to work and tomorrow General firearms season starts. (I'll be attending a wedding......Still get to see a young buck cut from the herd, just in a different way). I'll take up a rifle or shotgun for the 3 area's I plan to hunt and hopefully I will score, but Bow season was a bust. I never even saw a deer. They were everywhere. All kinds of sign.....I even heard a couple take off in the woods (always out of sight) when I was walking in or out.

But this is hunting. When the next bowkill does come this will make it all that more sweet.

Hope everyone did better than me.

David
Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 AM

Default RE: SKUNKED!

There is always next season. Getting out in the woods is most of the fun for me. Sure I like to kill an animal or two but that's work. Just sitting and enjoying nature is what's got me hooked.

Good luck with the lead slingers.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SKUNKED!

I hear ya, David....

Check out my post in the "Deer Hunting" forum, where I posted about making an Excel spreadsheet/hunting log kind of thing.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=824197

My bow season was a bust, but I had a great time and had the ultimate golden opportunity on a giant 8 pointer and missed from 20 yards! [&o] I freaked out once I spotted him and saw how big the antlers were. I got "buck fever" as it is called, and just lost my freakin' mind. Hopefully I'll be able to bag him during rifle season.

I like what Adams said about getting out into the woods and enjoying nature. That's what I like too.... Just you, the critters in the woods, and mother nature. It's quiet, peaceful, and you get that "get away from it all" feeling. Hunting during the middle of the week is the ultimate because it's almost like there is no one else around and you almost have the place to yourself.

Butch A.