Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heading to Illinois >

Heading to Illinois

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heading to Illinois

Old 08-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Spike

Default Heading to Illinois

Was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect from a Illinois bow hunt. A few buds of mine and I are going the 3rd week of October and hunting around Campsville. I have only heard wonderful things about hunting in that area. I can't explain how pumped I am. I have my new tribute, tags, and good friends in tow so will travel. I just had to share with yall about my trip.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heading to Illinois

do you have a website i am going at the same time in southern illi i cant wait either
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey paremed214 i moved from louisiana 4 years ago to southern illionois. It is awesome compared to our hunting down home. I got hooked up with a freind who ownes 1600 acres of old strip mine ground.I have taken a deer over 150 every year since i have been up here.You will enjoy it i garronte.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that is the Campsville in Calhoun County, you are in for a treat. I hunt in Jersey County, rihgt across the river. I see lots of big deer come from that area. But they are not around every tree like some people believe. You should see plenty of deer. And the possibility is there for a monster, thats about all you can ask. PRACTICE PRACTICE!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Spike

I have been shooting almost every day so by the time hunting season gets here there will be no room for excuses. I owe it to the deer and myself to be prepared. It takes alot of time and money to put a trip together so why blow it because you are lazy. Some of the same guys I am going with went a few years ago and can't stop talking about how much fun we are going to have. It will be a nice change for me to see plenty of deer. Its much different hunting than I am use to. Bottom line it will be awsome.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds great...good luck.