Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
slobs stole my deer at gunpoint >

slobs stole my deer at gunpoint

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slobs stole my deer at gunpoint

Old 01-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: slobs stole my deer at gunpoint

Disgusting,I cant type what i would do.I take the 5th
Old 01-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Sig

That gets my blood boiling just resding about it.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Sig

That gets my blood boiling just reading about it.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Last year during firearms season I thought that was going to happen to me. I shot a really nice 9 point with a 20" spread and was dragging it toward my truck and two guys come up to help me at the time I was glad but when we got to my truck they wouldn't help me put it in the truck, I thought that was strange but they said there ride was up the road about 100 yrds and ready to go and when they got back to there truck two other people were there and I could here them talking about coming to get my deer saying there were 4 of them and one of me so I got my gun out of the truck not that I would ever shot anyone but at that time I didn't know what would happen or what they would do. After they got in the truck it turn my way and I thought oh hell but just before they got to me they turned around, think god I was scared no doubt. But what these guys didn't know was my camp was just down the road about a mile and they had to drive by it to get out and there was 11 of us and 4 of them and if they would have taken it and not harmed me ot the point I couldn't get back to camp the posse would have been ready when I got there and they would be the ones out numbered and the hunted. I'm just glad it didn't happen and if it wasn't for me having a gun I think it would have had a different out come. That is one of my fears hunting exspecially bowhunting? If they were to come up wanting to take the deer with a firarm I would have said here you go, but there would have been hell to pay if we caught them.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Spike

I don't think I would shoot someone over a deer but I sure would think hard on it.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Spike

This reminds me of something that happened to a friend of mine once... He shot a decent buck that ran dead on its feet about 75 yards. After falling to the ground some guy then comes out from behind a tree and pluggs it in the neck with a 12 guage slug. Even though the deer was shot through the heart with a 30-06 and dropped this guy insisted it was wounded and therefore "fair Game" Anyway, after alot of arguing and nashing or teeth transpired this guy put's his tag on the deer and was determined to drag it out. By then my friends friend had heard the commotion and came over to try and convince this guy it was not his deer. To make a long story short my friends friend (who can get roundy once in awhile) tells the guy "ok take it but lets make sure it's dead and plugs not only his guns magazine into the buck but my friends gun also! He said he would of given a a weeks salary to have a photo of the guy's face. Crazy but the guy then left and they were still able to get my buddies largest buck to date shoulder mounted. True Story but I don't recommend this.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:20 PM

Thats why, when I have to leave my deer for even a minute, I put my tag in a baggie and shove it up in his mouth as deep as I can get it, if someone does steal it, there's your evidence.

Chris
Old 01-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be careful if you go back there. I hope you get them.

Good luck

Brian
Old 01-07-2002, 10:33 PM

Forgot to mention that if you would be nervous by actually putting a tag in thier mouth, a piece of paper with your name and phone number also works.

Chris

Quick Reply: slobs stole my deer at gunpoint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.