Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well Opening Day SUCKED!! >

Well Opening Day SUCKED!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well Opening Day SUCKED!!

Old 10-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well Opening Day SUCKED!!

We had wind 20-30 mph,rain,sun,hail,snow and no deer. The only good thing is that it has to get better from here.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Well Opening Day SUCKED!!

Hey man, at least you got to go, I was laid up sick all day [:'(]. We'll get em next wkend.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:37 AM

Was that not the worst opening day that you have ever seen?

I finally saw a few deer in the field a little before dark, but couldn't get a shot.

Like you said, It has got to get better from here.

Good luck!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

add me to the list of opening day flops. didnt see a deer until 5:45 a doe. there were a couple doe in the fields. no bucks. the lack of deer and especially bucks in new for me on 4 years on this property. on sunt morning i did see three bucks. however 35 mph swirling winds tipped off the group. one nice 8 point. only bucks ive seen and they werent close ,50 yrds. i have always kept track of the buck to doe ration on this property and this summer it was basically 1:1. last year was actually about 1.5 bucks per doe. id dont know where the deer are. ive hunted twice without even seeing a deer. id like to attribute it to the wether but last year i had good success in poor weather. oh well im just thankful the good lord gives me lots of time to hunt. i suppose i shouldnt complain. i think im more surprised than anything about the lack of deer.

good luck
Old 10-21-2004, 07:05 PM

We are almost 3 weeks into the season here in Texas and it has been tough down here too. Just regular old summer time like hot. Mornings are 77 degrees and humid as you can get then 92 for the high and at the evening hunt it is still 88 or so when the light goes away. The moon will be full again soon and the guns will enter the woods. I hope it gets better like tomorrow soon!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, It was pretty bad in Putnam County too. Rain, hail and wind most of the day. Saw some deer movement late in the evening but no success. Sunday was the best day for those counties that still have Sunday hunting. I've been on vacation all week and killed a doe on Tuesday to break the ice. I have since passed on a couple does and 2 small bucks. I'm hoping for cooler weather to kill another one so I can let it hang overnight instead of having to bone it out and put it in the refrigerator to chill.