Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Morning routine's? >

Morning routine's?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Morning routine's?

Old 10-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Morning routine's?

I was thinkin to myself at work tonight what other people do in the morning before they head out to the field/woods... First thing that I do is go outside and see how the weather is... Next I do about 30 pushups to get my blood flowing... Then i hop in the shower to get rid of unnatural smells..(that didn't sound too good did it!! lol) Then i go to the kitchen, warm up a coffee mug filled with hot water and make myself some cappachino... Then I go and get dressed and after i get dressed I go start up my truck to let it warm up for a few minutes.. Then i grab my gear and my bow and head back out to the truck... On my way to my property I listen to Josh Turner's song called "Backwoods Boy"... by the time the song is over im to my property because I only live about 4 minutes from there...

What is everyone elses routine? Anyone do ancient indian tribal chants? How about start a little fire in your back yard and do those tribal chants? Or how about rub your deer mount above your fireplace for good luck? J/W

Brett in Iowa
Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Morning routine's?

The first thing I do tells me what kind of hunt I am going to have!!

The first thing I try to do is GET OUT OF BED! If I do I may have a shot at a buck. If I dont, I get the much needed sleep.

Getting home at 2am from work and back in the woods by 7am stinks.

I think my beefjerky and MTdue are essentials for every hunt.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I scratch my arse, down a coke,put in some chew. and I'm off to the races. One step out of elk camp and I am already hunting.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Funny this topic came up...was thinking about rituals and superstitions last night on my way home from work. If I see deer one day, I try to practice the same routine for the next few hunts...thinking that which pair of socks or what radio station I was listening to had everything to do w/ a successful hunt. It's hilarious to think about some of the things I do.

The normal routine for mornings, get up, start my coffee, then take a shower in scent free products. Go out to the deck and grab my clothes...put clothes on, then go to one of my hunting spots. Nothing really unique there...it's just the little things that I will do to try and get karma on my side.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much the normal routine. Eat, shower, coffee, then I leave.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:57 AM

Put on coffee.
Leave dump.
Put Oatmeal in Micro.
Shower.
Dress inner layers.
Pour coffee in thermos and mug.
Eat oatmeal.
Dress outer layers and put on shoes/boots.
Drive to hunting land (15 min)

The dump is the key. I can't believe no one else mentioned it.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:06 AM

I try to keep it pretty simple. I get up and shower and brush my teeth. Dress with my clean under layers and hit the road. When I get to my parking spot I dress with my camo over layers. Throw on my fanny pack, headlamp, grab my bow and head for my stand. While walking to my stand I put on my scent blocker gloves and spray BF vanishing hunter on my head/hair and in my mouth( which I swish around for the better part of a minute.

I avoid coffee for two reasons. 1 id the odor / cotton mouth it causes and 2 is it shrinks the capilaries in my finger and causes them to get cold prematurely.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 AM

Take shower the night before........
Load truck the night before..........

Get up and get dressed. Stop and get coffee and stuff the snack on. Drive for an hour and a half. I envy you guys that are hunting so close to home. Then I apply scent blocker and fix up a drag rag. Grab bow and pack and head into the woods.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I pry my arse out of bed. Walk in the bathroom look in the mirror and jump back. Jump in the shower then get dressed. Round up all the essentials and head for the woods. I get to the woods grab my stuff head for the tree. Get to the tree go to get all my stuff situated and say SOB I forgot something.[] Then I just do the same in reverse. Usually that is about how a third of my hunts go every year. Oh yea I forgot I always reach over and slap the wife on the arse before I leave also.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wake up too early
get a shot of leg from the wifey (this is key to a successful day)
she makes coffee in a warm glow, as I S,S &S
Kiss the baby
go downstairs, have coffee maybe some breakfast (if I was really good!)
Put on Camo
fire up ATV, which was loaded with bow and stands etc, the previous night
away I go.

Up in stand, figure out what I forgot

Quick Reply: Morning routine's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.