Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Morning routine's? >

Morning routine's?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Morning routine's?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Morning routine's?

I just get up, dress in my full hunting gear that is stored in a scent free bag with the earth wafers in it and walk out of the cabin. Only problem I have is after 3 or 4 days I really could use a shower.[:'(] That is the only thing we don't have at the cabin yet. I keep telling my wife that once we get that I may never come home. Never seems to bother her too much though.[]
Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 PM

When i am at home I get all my gear in the truck the night before, wake up, shower, dress, get in truck, drive to work for 8 to 9 hours, back in truck, drive to woods

the weekends are pretty much the same except i skip the work part but usually add a trip back from the woods to soccer games then back to the woods

At camp i roll out of bed, hit the outhouse, eat, get dressed and start climbing the hill.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:55 PM

I have my back pack ready to go the night before. I put all my hunting clothes out in the living room in the order I plan to put them on.
I wake up, boil water for coffee in in my cantine. Get dressed, put on my back pack, grab my bow.
I then go outside and put my bow in the bow rack on my mountain bike. I then ride about 4 miles to my treestand. Hide the bike in the bushes and get settled in.
Gotta Love It!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

eat
dump
shower
eat again
brush teeth
head out for the woods
Old 10-14-2004, 08:23 PM

Pushups???? Are you friggin kidding me?? Actually, I do about 10 situps before I even get out of bed every morning; I put the alarm clock at the end of the bed and do a situp every time I hit snooze!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowdaddy

... I put all my hunting clothes out in the living room in the order I plan to put them on.
I hope they are in some scent free bags or something
Old 10-14-2004, 08:34 PM

You guys that don't shower right before you leave to hunt; your hair absorbs more scent than you will ever imagine. Haven't you ever smelled someone's hair after they were in some cigarette smoke? Of course that is amplified by the smell but a seer's nose is much more sensitive. I used to not think much about it, but the house we stay in at the country is unoccupied and musty and if we stay the night our hair will hold some smells. DON'T FORGET YOUR HAIR AS A SCENT ABSORBENT SOURCE!!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:56 PM

pack the night before, wake up grab a quick bite then try and have a dump grab a coffee and dump some more then have a shower with all the scentless soap then grab an apple and hit the road.b camo up when I get to where I park and hit the trail.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know. Havent hunted in the morning yet. Guess we'll see Saturday morning.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only sit-up I do is the one to get out of bed. The only push up I do is to pick myself up off the ground after doing my sit-up.

Quick Reply: Morning routine's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.