Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 still steamin estrous urine? >

still steamin estrous urine?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

still steamin estrous urine?

Old 10-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default still steamin estrous urine?

Has anyone used this stuff with success from scent shield?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: still steamin estrous urine?

last year I used it for the first time on openbing morning rifle season. I tied a rag on my boot as a drag, and coated it with the estrus scent. I walked the outside of the clearing I hunt(about 5 acres total) before getting to my stand. I had a nice 6 pt come out to clearing later, and he followed Nose down all the way around the clearing smelling the estrus. Was pretty funny watching. He eventually came to within 15 yds of me. I civalized him with a quick shot. I'll be using it again this year. By the way. You must keep this stuff out of the light and refridgerated to keep full effect going. Don't buy it if it's just hanging on a rack. Taz
Old 10-12-2004, 11:55 AM

I had a WHOPPER buck come in last year to the Still Steamin esterous. I put out my scent wicks, climbed the tree, strapped my safety belt to the tree, turned around and there he was. MASSIVE deer...only one problem....my bow was on the ground. The buck was 6-7 yards broadside. Oh well. The stuff works well when used at the right time of year.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Taz, I wish I would have seen your post before I went out and picked some of this scent up at Wally World, it was just hanging on the shelf, not refridgerated.
Hey dough boy, when you got yours, was it refridgerated or anything. I will still try it and hope it works, it had better for $10 a bottle.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:38 PM

damn you taz...i bought some off the shelf last week its just been sitting in my room for the last couple days...i read your post and put in the fridge right away, im using it this weekend hopefully it still works
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt think this stuff could be purchased any other way except right off the store shelves.