Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Leaving Decoy in the woods.... >

Leaving Decoy in the woods....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaving Decoy in the woods....

Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leaving Decoy in the woods....

Does anyone leave their decoy in the woods throughout the season? I hunt family land, and have no threat of it being stolen...but I just wondered if it would fade or warp over the span of a couple months? I have a Carry-Lite decoy..so it's hard plastic..and some foam too.

Thanks...
Old 09-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leaving Decoy in the woods....

I did last season for about 4 weeks. I took it apart and put it into a doubled XL decoy bag. I carefully placed it into the center some really thick brush. I'll do it again this year!

Good Luck!
Old 09-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bag that came with the decoy is a mesh type...I was thinking about using a big trash bag and stuffing it in there....hmm....decisions......
Old 09-30-2004, 09:31 PM

I alsp have a carry lite decoy, and last year i kept it in the woods all season,, just like you said, i also hunt private land,, and just left it put together, cause i didnt like to mess with putting it together in the dark,, i just kept it stashed in a brushpile.. it showed no signs of fading, only a slightly darker spot on the side where it laid on the ground.. Then i kept it in the shed all spring and most of the summer, and took it out to air out, and its been outside for two months now,, it still looks fine.. If you decide to keep it in a bag of some sort,, id use a cloth or mesh type bag,, the trash bag could draw moisture, and grow mold and mildew,, which would have a strong smell to the deer. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I left mine set up 4 years ago over night. The next day it was gone. I thought some jerk stole it. Well I found itabout 35 yards away all tore up with lots of sign of a buck tearing up the ground around it