Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do we decide? >

How do we decide?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do we decide?

Old 09-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do we decide?

deleted
Old 09-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do we decide?

My take is: A privilege is not guarenteed. It can be taken away. But actually so is a Right, as stated in the bill of rights. For example the right to Vote, bear arms, etc can all be taken away.

These decisions are made by the Governing Body, all phases of Government be it local, or National have checks and balances to keep one extremist from invoking his beliefs. We have divisions of wildlife or divisions of natural resources looking out for us. Now we must educate ourselves as to what politicians share our beliefs and use our vote to put them in office. But even if our candidate doesn't win, The NRA, DNR, etc should have our backs, this along with the voice of democracy should keep our privilege protected.

This is why we, must police our ranks to be law abiding and ethical. We can keep landowners on our side by acting properly when they allow us, the privilege, to hunt their property. We must also respect public lands in the same manner.

I'm sure most of us have asked a land owner for permission and we are denied because of what the previous guy he gave permission to did.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now we must educate ourselves as to what politicians share our beliefs and use our vote to put them in office. But even if our candidate doesn't win, The NRA, DNR, etc should have our backs, this along with the voice of democracy should keep our privilege protected.
Sometimes that's not goo enough though. Look at the assualt weapons ban. Even though it has been repealed it proves that rights can be taken away. Politicians don't always vote the way they say they are going to and sometimes supreme court judges wind up making the laws and we don't get the vote on them. But, you are saying that WHATEVER the goverment decides is a right is a right and what they decide is a privledge is a privledge?
Dominant Buck

Ultimately it's the wife.
Nontypical Buck

Ultimately t's the wife
lol
Old 09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seeing the responses are low here in the bowhunting forum, I'll move this over into the Political Hunting forum to further get the reponses I'm sure are to come.

I agree, hunting is a God given right certainly governed by others...and probably for the better of the whole. We all know that slobs exist amoung all ranks and bodies. If left ungoverned, there wouldn't be animals left to hunt.....