Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Martin's  "sex sells ads" >

Martin's "sex sells ads"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Martin's "sex sells ads"

Old 09-27-2004, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Martin's "sex sells ads"

The add says I can buy it now on line for only $519.99 does that include the bow too or is that just for her?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

My 14 yr.old saw the ad and we haven't had to send him to therapy or anything. Still wants to shoot his Darton too,

You guys kill me.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys complaining about this crack me up. If a kid see's this they wouldn't think anything of it unless someone made a big deal out of it like you do. Just like when a toddler falls down and screams. You can tell they're the ones whos mom runs over flipping out as soon as they see them fall. If she wouldn't have freaked out the kid would have never cried. Same holds true here, if you don't make a big stinking deal out of it kids would care less. I'm just waiting for the swimsuit issue.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:37 AM

You can bash the advertising all you want but you got to admit that thier ads have 5 pages of posts on this. Including two of thier ads posted. I deal with advertising everyday and that is a good ad. Even the people who don't like the ad are talking about it.

Bottom line it is good advertising.

Maybe not I better take a better look at both of them.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with the ads. It's obvious the girl has been shooting for a while or she is an awful quick learner because she has great form. The fact that she has a nice figure that she shows off while fully clothed doesn't bother me at all. I think Martin made a wise marketing decision.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:55 AM

[8D]I give it a Siskel/Ebert thumbs up[8D]
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know about the rest of you ,
but I find the ad very tasteful and appealing . The lady is fully dressed , not acting slutty , and displays wonderful form .
Old 09-27-2004, 10:41 AM

Ok guys look up higher, her draw length is too long for her...
Old 09-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to admit that I find the advertisements very appealing as the women are definitely attractive and attired in what I would call "provocative" outfits. Nothing wrong with that except, to be totally honest, I never look at the bows anymore.

I have one major issue with the ads though. Every time I am leafing through one of the bowhunting mags and stop to admire the advertisement my wife smacks me upset the back of my head. Now why is that? It is only a bow advertisement.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:54 AM

So you think having some chick with high beams(partial nudity) on in an ad is OK??
Partial Nudity?????

If that is partial nudity than I never realized What I was missing here on campus. Looking around the library here at Ferris State it looks like a regular girls gone wild.[:-][8D]

Quick Reply: Martin's "sex sells ads"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.