Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Martin's  "sex sells ads" >

Martin's "sex sells ads"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Martin's "sex sells ads"

Old 09-25-2004, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Martin's "sex sells ads"

I honestly didnt see that the limb bolts were backed out. I mean, nobody looks at the bow...I did however notice the string contact issue with the, uh, twins.i love the martin ads..they make great bows too..

slayer
Old 09-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Martin is using pretty girls to sell their bows. Why? The quality and performance must not be there.
Wanna bet?

Long before there was a Matthews, Bowtech, the new Hoyt, etc. etc.......Martin was making quality bows and still are.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:21 PM

Martin is using pretty girls to sell their bows. Why? The quality and performance must not be there

I guess that must mean most beers suck and most cars are crap.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look..any bow properly set up is going to kill. Personally, I've shot a lot of bows. IMO, (understand..this is my opinion), I'd take a Mathews over a Martin any day..and have.

Marketing products with pretty girls makes me laugh. It's almost as pathetic as FOX Sports. They're "selling" their show to the viewer with girls..which in turn annoys me b/c they know nothing or very little about what their cue cards say.

End result: If a Martin is good enough for you..and you like it..that's fine. I'm turned off by bad marketing techniques..and the whole "sex sells" thing is the oldest trick in the book...and the easiest as well. With my experience, I'm much more satisfied with a Mathews than a Martin.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:13 AM

AMEN to that...

I like my Mathews just fine.

If Martin has to stoops that low than they are NOT even worth looking at. THey are taking a GOOD wholesome sport for kids to get involved with and dirtying it up with this CRAP.

Kids are bombarded with too much sex and violence theses days and it seems that now even a sport such as hunting and archery isn't immune.

I think MArtin should be ASHAMED of themselves...
Old 09-26-2004, 10:44 AM

Ok fine, you're both entitled to your opinions however close-minded they may be.

Time to pull the old Mathews/Hoyt name calling card. I've said it a hundred times or better, I'd rather purchase a bow from a company who doesn't have to "stoop as low as" name calling in their adds. When I pick up a magazine with a Martin add in it I automatically know that it's a Martin add. They have the bow, a few facts about the bow, the bow's specs, and a piece of eye candy as well. When I pick up a magazine with a Mathews or Hoyt add in it I don't know right off the bat what companies add it is. Why is that? Because they're too busy trying to prove one's superiority over the other on paper by calling names, etc. Pictures of Hoyt bows and Hoyt specs in Mathews adds, pictures of Mathews bows in Hoyt adds. That's low if you ask me. That's poor marketing if you ask me.

If you take out an add in a magazine it should be to promote your product, not degrade someone elses.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:35 AM

CLOSE MINDED...???

So you think having some chick with high beams(partial nudity) on in an ad is OK?? For me and you yes BUT not for youngsters.

GIVE your head a shake...maybe she can be NAKED next with the bow between here legs???

Martin has SUNK to an all time LOW in archery advertising...
Old 09-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: corey006

AMEN to that...

I like my Mathews just fine.

If Martin has to stoops that low than they are NOT even worth looking at. THey are taking a GOOD wholesome sport for kids to get involved with and dirtying it up with this CRAP.

Kids are bombarded with too much sex and violence theses days and it seems that now even a sport such as hunting and archery isn't immune.

I think MArtin should be ASHAMED of themselves...
You seem very narrow minded towards your particular bow company. That seems to be the mind set of anyone owning your particular bow. I'll still take the stance that ALL bows are worthy in the market place. No one makes junk. It's a marketing ploy (dishonesty) by your bow company to BUY all the top shooters on the pro tour. The only reason most these pros shoot that particular bow is a PAYCHECK. There is no one left to win and believe me, these same pro shooters would win the same tournaments shooting either a Martin, Hoyt, Bowtec or a stick and string...they are that good. Now I'm not bashing the bow, great bow, I don't particularly like the grip, but great bow.....but don't go degrading another bow manufacturer for marketing technique....your company as a marketing ploy is the biggest offender of them all.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well after viewing Martins ads several times I still dont get what the big fuss is about and where is the sex????????????
Old 09-26-2004, 01:54 PM

Well partial nudity is getting pretty close.

Yes Mathews has had some negative ad campaigns but they have never stooped as LOW as to have a chick with high beams(which I do not mind for myself) but I think sends the wrong message to youngsters.

Quick Reply: Martin's "sex sells ads"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.