Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need some tips for noon hunter >

need some tips for noon hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some tips for noon hunter

Old 09-21-2004, 08:16 AM

Default RE: need some tips for noon hunter

You should be fine hunting then as long as you put in the leg work and know where the beds are. Also if it is warm, look for the water.. Anytime hunting is better than being in the house or at work.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need some tips for noon hunter

I am in almost the same boat you are. I hunt public land, but it is a long drive.. so I dont normally get down there very early. 3 of my 4 deer were taken mid-day, and all of them in gun season from the ground. To tell the truth, I mostly like to still hunt, but this is extremely difficult to do in bow season (only my second year bow hunting). I mostly use bow season as an opportunity to do some scouting before muzzleloading & gun season. I know where some deer bed down, and my plan is to hunt a travel route from the bedding area to where there is water and acorns. I plan to hunt from a natural ground blind because permanent stands are not allowed on public land, plus a double-lung shot is easier from the ground. I will also try using a doe bleat like one post here suggested.
Good Luck