Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snuff Dippers Reminder >

Snuff Dippers Reminder

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snuff Dippers Reminder

Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Snuff Dippers Reminder

[quote]ORIGINAL: davidhardegree

I've tried to quit several times, but no such luck. It's getting to be too much money and [size=2]I'm tired of hearing the wife nag me about it. The more she nags the more desire I have to get a dip.[/

Amen!!!!! I am tired of hearing my wife nag also. Last year, 10 minutes after putting a big one in, an 8-point walked right under my stand.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

no big secret trick for me I had a terrible sore throat and it hurt to much to dip after i got better I realized that a week had passed and I told myself that's it you quit
Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Typical Buck

After dipping for 21yrs, I finally gave it up on Dec 31st of 2002. That was the first new years resolution I'd ever made and so far, I've kept it. My wife works for a dentist and you can only imagine what I had to listen to when I loaded up! When I quit, I was at 2 cans a day and didn't even get out of bed in the morning before I had a dip. As for how I quit, it wasn't the increasing cost of it, the nagging from the wife or the health risks that went with it. It was basically me telling myself its time to quit and actually wanting to. If you don't really want to quit, don't bother trying, it'll never happen. Does it still bother me? Hell yes it does, but I'm better off without it.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:35 AM

I usually spit my night before dip out in the morning.

As far as pooing out of my stand, I never had to do that but I have sure had to make a run for the border. One time I had to run for it and when I got back to my stand I kept smelling it and checked my boots, when looked to the right I finally found it, it was on my shoulder. Note to self, make sure you pull your coveralls all the way back when relieving yourself.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ROFLMAO at Dino..Man I've heard of having a chip on your shoulder , lol thats funny stuff.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:00 AM

I only dip during hunting season (Skoal LC straight). Never at any other time of year. Tried some of the new Apple blend the other day. was pretty good...smells like apples... I might mix some of that in.

Anyways...I'm pretty regular so I always get a dump in at home before I hit the woods. LOL
Old 09-21-2004, 01:50 PM

Now there's an accident waiting to happen! Are you still wearing your safety belt while taken a dump out of your stand? I'd hate to be found at the base of my tree with a broken back and my pant's around my ankles, try and explain that to the wife.....