Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snuff in stand

Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Snuff in stand

I was just pondering this today at work. Would apple flovored chew have a bit better scent control over you breath? Or do you guys just chew you regular flavor? I just thought that maybe apple flavored would give off an almost scent lure. Or does anyone think this is pure rubbish. I dipped in my stand all last year, and got ragged on it by my budds for giving off scent.

[/align]
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Snuff in stand

RUBBISH!!! ITS HORRID HORRID RUBBISH!!!![:'(][:'(][:'(].....Nah I kinda doubt that deer would be attracted to it, I dip the Hagen.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed!! Rubbish! [:'(] I stick with my normal Skoal straight. I normally try to spit either in a bottle or on the carpeted platform of my lock on.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This question come around every year...........stick to what you has gotten you over the years! I ama reformed chewer but the only time I got busted for chewing was by now wife and NOT by any DEER!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Agreed!! Rubbish! [:'(] I stick with my normal Skoal straight. I normally try to spit either in a bottle or on the carpeted platform of my lock on.
I just puked in my mouth a little bit.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

i stick with my old stand by grizzly straight, no complaints from the deer.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

i stick with my Skoal Straight. i usually try to clear a bit of leaves from under my stand off to a side...the side i dont climb up lol. i spit into the bar dirt, and also wizz into it. ive never had deer effected by it...that i know of. had a mature doe and fawn come in one evening. the doe fed DIRECTLY under my stand...i overhunted that stand. must wizzed from it 10x...had 15-20 dips from there...all that spit and all the old dips laying down there...she didnt even flinch. heck, she could been eating it for all i know. i watched my buddy give copenhagen to a horse. it ate the whole can. loved the stuff lol..
Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

i watched my buddy give copenhagen to a horse. it ate the whole can. loved the stuff lol..

Now thats funny right there lol. seems that can get a lil pricey though.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother does it and he snacks on the stand and he sees more deer than anybody. I don't think
it will hurt too much.

Nothing much worse than taking a swig from what you thought was your beer can and it is somebody's
dip can. [&:]
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

I carry a bottle and limit the amount I use in the stand. The old timer that taught me a lot about hunting used to chew Beechnut leaf. I occasionally pick up a pack for deer season just as a tribute to one of the greatest people I ever knew. One day I had a plug of the 'nut in and had a doe and two fawns come in.They walked right to the bottom of my tree and stood around. I didn't want to risk raising the bottle and have them see me but I just couldn't resist what I did next. I had a mouthful of juice that needed to go real fast. I let it run from my lips and scored a direct hit on this fawns head. You talk about funny? This deer starts looking around for whatever it was that just plunked her in the head. And try to figure out what that odor was between her ears was just beyond her! The very next day the three of them came back. The fawn had a dark brown stain right in the center of her head from the day before!

Quick Reply: Snuff in stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.