Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

up to early

Old 09-15-2004, 03:23 AM

Default up to early

forgot to add the hour for daytime savings on the sunrise chart. oh well, better than to late. Good luck to you New Hampshire boys. It's Opening day here! Good luck to eveyone also who is out waitin for the big one to stroll by. Time to go!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: up to early

have fun
Old 09-15-2004, 06:56 AM

forgot to add the hour for daytime savings on the sunrise chart.
?? I'm wondering how you could NOT know when the sun comes up. Did you spend the summer in a cave?
Old 09-15-2004, 07:16 AM

Good luck to you bucks! I'm skipping out of work at 2:30 this afternoon and heading for my stand. The trail timer say deer will be through between 6:00pm and 7:15pm. I hope it's accurate. What part of the state will you be hunting?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:22 AM

Did the same thing 2 years ago, I get in the woods early anyway so I had sit there for two hours before the sun came up. Was so bored with nothing to look at I think I packed it in early.

Almost did the same thing last weekend for a goose hunt but I learned my lesson.

I'm wondering how you could NOT know when the sun comes up.
I don't have to be in to work until 8:00 and live 5 minutes away so I don't get to see the sunrise in the mornings.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:59 PM

solax,

does your local news station or paper announce the rise and fall of the sun? I thought that was common for most communities. I could be wrong.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:31 PM

My chart I use is in the back of the rule book you get with license here. forgot to check the paper last night. Im hunting the "L" wmu area close to Dover. Its close to home. The stealth camera has taken 6 pic's since monday. will devlop film this weekend and see. got a pic of a fawn so far last week. others must be around. lot of tracks. We go up to pittsboug nh often for some real wilderness hunting. not much action today. jump somthin up on the way in .then somthing took off after in stand for 5 min.'s. too dark to see. must of been deer or coydog. It did not blow just make ALOT of noise in the brush.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:09 AM

Bucks, You're right up the road from me. I live in Dover and hunt just over the boarder in Maine(eliot) and up on the Rochester/Farmington line. I also like to go north. The inlaws have a place in Stewartstown and I've seen pretty good sign up north. I can't wait to get a chance to hunt it.

Who knows, I may run into to you one of these days.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:07 PM

David, yeah they do but I never rellay pay attention unless I'm going out the next day. It all depends on where you get your info. The sunrise chart on the net says at the bottom "Add one hour for DLST", that's how I made the mistake, I didn't add it.