Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need major help (target panic) >

need major help (target panic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need major help (target panic)

Old 09-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default need major help (target panic)

I have target panic I some how I need to over come it. Guy at bow shop said shoot close and eyes closed so you will get the feel of bow. I have 2 and 1/2 weeks to over come it.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: need major help (target panic)

I had it once upon a time. Let me guess, you can pull the bow back without an arrow on it and hold rock solid on a target, but when you have an arrow on, you can't hold still at all.
Here's how I broke mine. Yes, shoot at 10 yards, and here's where the workout begins. Pull your bow back, CLOSE you EYES, and count to 5 (five). Open your eyes accquire your target and shoot. Let me know how it works for you.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:01 PM
nub

Don't shoot targets, shoot deer. Then you can call it buck fever. Seriously tho, a lot of people who have the so called "Target Panic" don't have the problem on live game. Try shooting a 3D target and see what that does for ya.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:16 PM

As youve already been told you can try to shoot close range with you eyes closed,, or another trick ive tried is to remove your sight from your bow,,, and just as with the other, shoot close at a large blank target,, with no aiming points,, like cover a large target with a white sheet or paper or something... Do this continuously for a few days,, then start working back into your sight.. Also when you do shoot with a sight,, dont look at your pin when you aim,,, concentrate as hard as you can on the point you want to hit,, look only at that spot and you wont even see the pin,, but when your staring a hole in the tiniest spot you can,, your pin will go there and stay through the shot.. For most people target panic comes from trying to hold a pin exactly on a precise spot on a target,, which is basically impossible,, youll float somewhat over the spot,, when your paniced your trying to overcome the floating,, if you dont see the sight pin,, you dont know your floating off the target,, so you dont fight it,, just concentrate on your spot and the arrow will go there. good luck,, it can be frustrating