Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 And you think that Mathews is Bad >

And you think that Mathews is Bad

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

And you think that Mathews is Bad

Old 08-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: And you think that Mathews is Bad

BITE ME ??? I Haven't seen that one yet
Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

News flash: Good looking girls wearing tanktops and/or shorts have just as much right to be shooting bows-n-arrows IN PUBLIC, and to be in archery ads, as some potbellied greybeard dressed out in the latest designer camo.
Actually, if you ask me, they have way more of a right to be gracing my magazine pages
Old 08-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ArthurP I kind of come to the decision that pretty much everything makes you sick, maybe you should talk to someone about your anger issues. I'm definately not against women shooting bows and would be more than glad to share the range with any woman that takes up the sport, I've even tried to get my wife to start shooting. But I have a hard time beleiving that the woman in the Martin add is a avid archer, and if she is I stand corrected. But if my wife did take up archery I can promise you that she wouldn't be at the range in a pair of Daisy Dukes and no bra.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:12 PM

I don't know the lady in the Martin ad looked like a shooter to me, she had good form, nice anchor, and did you notice her grip, definately trying not to torque the bow!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:21 PM

But if my wife did take up archery I can promise you that she wouldn't be at the range in a pair of Daisy Dukes and no bra.
Come on now, you don't won't all the guys gawking over your wives headlights?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually the Martin archery girl is Terry Martin's step daughter.......I assume she really does know how to shoot a bow.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

You guys are kidding right? When was the last time you saw an advertisement for anything using an ugly, overweight or generally unattractive man ,woman or child?? That's just the way it is.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously, where can I see this add to judge for myself?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:54 PM

I find it hard to believe that anyone finds any of these bow ads offending. They don't use good looking women because their bows are of low quality. How could you possibly come to that conclusion? They use them, so you will quit flipping pages when you get to their ad, stop, and actually read it. No ad in the world is of any value, if the reader doesn't look at it. It's a marketing technique that is used in every industry in every free country in the world. The day men stop noticing good looking women will be the day companies stop using them. It's here to stay and I rather like them. Personally, I get a bit sick when I look some fat, ugly male bowhunter in a product ad, so I usually flip by those pages rather quickly. Hardly worth getting in a tizzy over, so I don't. I suggest you do the same when you come to the pretty women bow ads. In fact, close your eyes real quick. Most of us can usually get the page flipped even with our eyes shut.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

They use them, so you will quit flipping pages when you get to their ad, stop, and actually read it.
It works for me thats for sure

Quick Reply: And you think that Mathews is Bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.