Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GREAT SERVICE

Old 08-18-2004, 07:54 PM

Default GREAT SERVICE

i bought a new mathews LX bow and the peep sight needed moved i took it too the shop were i bought. the guy that set me when i bought it drilled the hole out in the peep sight and must of rubed the string with the bit and didn't notice either did i. But when i took it back to get ajustments the usual guy was there he noticed it and changed the peep sight and took off the factory string and put on a new zebra string free i always thought strings weren't included in warrentys because of stretching the new peep sight was'nt a cheapie either all free of charge
Old 08-18-2004, 08:04 PM

Default RE: GREAT SERVICE

Technically, the shop was at fault,and he was humble enough to step up and take responsibility,that is pretty good,I'd keep using the shop.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

He should have removed the peep from the string before he drilled it out. That could have been a LOT worse than just a broken strand if the drill bound up.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I had a shop near me put a D-Loop on and a new peep. When the guy was trimming the excess string from the peep he accidentally cut the string. (Luck was on his side, it didn't cut all the way through) Nice guy, he felt real bad, but he replaced the string for free.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:42 PM

sounds like you have a winner in a bowshop.

slayer
Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say he probably had a pretty good idea that when he drilled the peep that he might have done it himself ,but it definetly 3was the proper gesture to make .

nubo