Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadhead Tuning!!?? >

broadhead Tuning!!??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead Tuning!!??

Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default broadhead Tuning!!??

I cant seem to turn my heads enough to get them pefectly inline with my fletch , should i reheat my glue in my ferile , and twist teh ferile with teh tighten head in it , to where its inline with the fletch ??? or how else can i get them to turn more to line up with the fletch.??
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead Tuning!!??

If your arrow spins good, with no wobble, there's no need to line the blades and fletch up.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

the blades do not need to line up.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

DL, no need to line them up with the fletchings. It is important to make sure there is no wobble in the connection. Your broadheads should spin like a top and remain on the same axis as the shaft for optimum performance. If you haven't got a spin tester you can put the point one the end of your finger and spin the shaft like a top. You'll feel any wobble easily. Here's a tip: if you have wobble, one of the first things I do is make sure there is not any glue or gunk or dirt on the face of the insert or the mating face of the broadhead. More than once I've tried to get a head to spin true only to find a bit of glue residue on the insert or head....once removed they've spun great. Still might need to tweak them, but eliminating the easy things first is a bonus. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys , when i shoot the heads tho , my arrow seems to corkscrew to the target , and hit way off of where im sighted into ....
Old 08-18-2004, 06:25 PM

Download easton tuning guide, read and learn. Lining up the head with the vanes is not going to help at all! You need to tune and tweak and tune and tweak until they are flying like they can...
Old 08-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like some wobble problems. Even if you have to take one head at a time and screw it into every arrow you have, its worth it. Also double check every little thing you can, fletch clearance, every thing. BH's make the tiniest problems and magnify them. I've just gone thru this same thing. Slow careful wobble check will keep you from going in circles. Once you get good grouping w/ BH's then you can move the rest to get them to shoot with FP's
Old 08-18-2004, 08:13 PM

Try paper tuning your field points and then shoot your broadheads, but by all means definitely check to see if you have any wobble.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

what all can i do to PAPER tune my bow??? Just change tension of the rest , is all i can thing of , and check my clearance.... what else ?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

You can adjust the nock point and the centershot making sure that you check for fletching clearance while doing so. You can figure out if you have adequate spine by lowering the point weight or lowering the poundage on the bow and see how that affects flight. Sometimes you need a stiffer spine.

Quick Reply: broadhead Tuning!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.