Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow opinion

Old 08-11-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Bow opinion

I have been useing a buckmasters 2000 bow for bout 5 years now and really have no complaints about it. It has served me well. Now my wife wants to start bow hunting......Light bulb goes off and I see an opprotunity.
She likes my bow, so after this season it will be hers and I will be buying me a new one (I know kinda selfish, but ALL of you understand)
Ive narrowed it down to 3 bows and have shot 2 of the three
Hoyt xtech
Mathews Outback
Bowtech Justice
Now it seems the hoyt dealer dogs the mathews and bowtech.....
The bowtech dealer...was really cool and speaks highly of mathews also
and the mathews dealer dogs everything......so Ive shot the Hoyt and it was verry nice, smooth...and verry expensive. man hoyts proud of themselves.
The Bowtech.....ugh SWEEEET!!! Got to shoot it also....light and smooth draw
I dident get to shoot the mathews
so now that the can of worms has been opend.....please, Dig in
Oh yeah whats the deal with hoyts cam and a half ??? all the dealer could say was "oh thats just what they have gone to" Makes ya wonder how "Pro" your pro shop is
Old 08-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Default only a Mathews is a.....

Mathews. Have you noticed that everybody compares themselves to Mathews.

That being said, I am returning to Bow Hunting after taking a couple of years off. Therefore I am NOT an expert. Sounds like the Bowtech dealer is pretty cool to deal with. Having a good dealer you can work with makes a big difference. That being said, I would buy a Mathews. Infact, my new Outback should be coming later this week.

Steve
Old 08-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: only a Mathews is a.....

I wouldn't buy anything that i couldn't shoot first---then after you shoot 'em it's all up to YOU on which one you like better.Every brand you mention has quality bows.Will your old bow fit your wife?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:13 PM

Default RE: only a Mathews is a.....

You've narrowed it down to an impressive list. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bows listed. As Jsasker has said, shoot them all and make your choice. Since it's you who'll be shooting it what you think matters most.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Bow opinion

You cant go wrong with any of the three listed. Outdoor Life did an independent test of 21 bows. Bowtech came in first followed by Mathews, and Hoyt in that order. It was in the August issue if you want to read it. With that being said buy from who will do business. If you dont like the shop dont do business there. I have seen to many shops that only care about the sale, once you buy it its yours attitude. My dealer will help you set up, paper tune, just about anything. Hell he will even open up on his closed days if I need something. I will buy my next bow from him too. Service means a lot to me.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:50 PM

I hate Mattews, but hear that outback is one sweet shooter. The liberty is considered "The" bow for 2004 according to several magazines, etc. My personal vote goes to X-tec, I love Hoyt.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Try them all, see what u like best. I'd go with mathews since thats what I shoot now and its what I like. Good luck........you cant go wrong.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM

Mathews. Have you noticed that everybody compares themselves to Mathews.
Nope haven't noticed that at all around here. See a lot of bowtechs and hoyts, and I don't see them comparing them to anything.

Mathews bows are ok I guess, If you like that old single cam stuff.