Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what do you think?  ur opinion >

what do you think? ur opinion

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what do you think? ur opinion

Old 10-16-2003, 02:53 AM

Default what do you think? ur opinion

i am looking into getting another rifle either fter the hunting season or after the begining of the year.

here is what i am thinking...

#1. re-place barrel on CZ VZ24 also re-place trigger, saftey on it. also change the bishop stock and put a composite stalk on it.

#2. browning BLR 81' chambered in 7mm-08rem
Old 10-16-2003, 06:50 AM

Default RE: what do you think? ur opinion

I' d like to have that same BLR. I went a lookin' this past weekend at my local gunshop. They don' t even stock new BLR' s- seems they just don' t sell many in the my area. What scope would you put on it?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:02 AM

That' s an individual choice. I' m a big fan of the VZ24' s in original military condition, but I personally wouldn' t spend the money on new barrels, new triggers, stocks, etc. I collect military rifles, but for a sporter I much prefer a modern sporting rifle. I feel I' m normally money ahead with a better handling and looking rifle in the end.

I' m not knocking you. We' re all different in what we like or don' t like. Since you asked I' m just giving you my opinion.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:23 AM

I like the CZ' s as well. But if money weren' t an issue, (not that I think it would really be a big difference until you were done spending), I would probably " opt" for the Browning. I was happy to see Browning go back to the original styling of the Model 81. (Actually I have been looking very seriously at the Browning myself, except in .358 Winchester.)

Either way...enjoy your " new" rifle!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:46 AM

I can' t blame you for wanting the Browning. Great guns!

The CZ though, unless you do the gunsmithing yourself, why not just get a different rifle all together for less $$ ?
Old 10-16-2003, 03:16 PM

i am leaning twards the browning just because i have two other brownings both 30-06sprg' s.

if i do go for the BLR i would probally keep the iron sights or put a Leupold VariX-III 1.5-4X20mm