Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pro Bowhunting league >

Pro Bowhunting league

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Bowhunting league

Old 07-30-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Pro Bowhunting league

Maybe I am crazy but I think it can be done. Every sport out there has some type of league why can't we. I say set it up similar to the nascar points standings. Have maybe 10 different pieces of property { Tracks} Each week the group of hunters have one day to scout by topo map and walking the property. They then have 2 days to hunt from sun up to dark. Scores will be based on total inches of horn with each hunter allowed only one buck for the weekend. Each hunter will have his own camera man. Once all 10 pieces of property are hunted the winner of the league will be determined by total inches of horn taken from all ten places. Now that is something I would watch on the outdoor chanel. It would do wonders for sponsors who had the top hunters using there products. Stand choice order would be determined by lotto on the first hunt then by your order in the standings after. Also a minimum antler restriction to keep young deer from being shot.

Give me your ideas am I on to something or just dreaming
Old 07-30-2004, 01:55 PM

Default RE: Pro Bowhunting league

Sounds great to me

NO fences......let em duke it out like men
Old 07-30-2004, 01:59 PM

I agree too. Like to see that
Old 07-30-2004, 02:59 PM

I’ve already seen a show like that I think it was on one of the Fox sport channel. If I remember right it took place in southern Illinois, something 10 2 men team (one hunter, one camera man), it was judge by size animal take and the quality of the video, each team had to put up money front I order to get in. The winning team took home something like $50,000. They had one for deer season and one for turkey season. Just can’t remember the name of the show it was like (something, something) Trails.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:05 PM

Texarkanimal

I see you come from the great U.P. I live by Detroit but have been hunting in the Western end U.P. since I’ve been 14. Where about did you live up there?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:48 PM

Houghton Michigan went to college at Northern still get back up each year for a week or so.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm... I don't think I like the idea personally. To me, bowhunting is something to be shared with a friend or family member, not something to be exploited and televised.

I'd probably still join the league if I were invited though lol.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:18 PM

I think the Druy Brothers are already doing it. I've seen one eposide on TV. They have hunters teamed up going out and hunt and keeping score. they are hunting for $25,000 dollars worth of cash and prizes. It was on the outdoor channel not to long ago.