Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Archery League

Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Archery League

Me and my friend signed up for a league this winter. The thing is that this is my first league ever. I'm not familiar with what goes on and how scoring goes. If anyone has any experience and is willing to give me some pointers so I don't look like a complete idiot, it would be appreciated
Old 01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Archery League

well there are 5 and 1 spot targets. If you are fairly accurate and concerned about ruining arrows then shoot a 5 spot if your not such a good shot go with a 1 spot if you league offers the choice of either. for scoring on the 5 spot there is a bullseye normally called x worth 5 points the next ring is 4 pts. outside of that ring there is no other chance to get points unless you hit another one of the 5 spots. On a 1 spot there is the x spot worth 5 then it goes down from there in each ring untill you get to 1 pt. if you fail to hit any rings then it is 0. in our leauge teams have 2 targets placed vertically to each other. the guy shooting the top target goes first. He is also the top shooter. top shooter always shoots top target first. the shooter up shoots 5 arrows then backs off the line and the line will switch then the other shooter's turn comes up. after 6 rounds teammates switch targets vertically and then the other shooter shoots first. another 6 rounds. perfect score is 300. I always bring an extra arrow to the line with me incase something happens. Starting out I used the 1 spot until I honed my skills then I moved to the 5 spot because i was ruining to many arrows. most of all just have fun.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sportsman22

Me and my friend signed up for a league this winter. The thing is that this is my first league ever. I'm not familiar with what goes on and how scoring goes. If anyone has any experience and is willing to give me some pointers so I don't look like a complete idiot, it would be appreciated
What type of league do you shoot at sportsman? There are many different types of winter leagues such as video screen shoot, indoor 3d targets, paper targets?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Im assuming its a paper target league. Its called the Hunter League. I know its not the Virtual and its not 3D.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

I was informed that the x is 5 and the next ring is worth 5 as well. All white is 5 on a 5 spot correct? First ring in grey is 4, then 3 then 0.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

my 3d shoot goes 5 for hitting target, 8 for being in general kill zone, 10 for smaller part and 11 for about a golf ball sized spot.