Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Prepared ground blind last night. >

Prepared ground blind last night.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Prepared ground blind last night.

Old 07-30-2004, 06:55 AM

Default Prepared ground blind last night.

I'm on a crop damage permit this year and plan on hunting this ground blind. It's a HUGE oak tree that's blown down in to a field and it's perfect. I cut a path to get to it from the back side and weed eated where I plan to sit.

The best part is I'm taking my Pops with me so he can watch a bow hunt from ground level. He can't walk to well so I had to make it real easy to get in to. I think he's gonna love it. My buddy wants to come too so he can video the whole thing. It's gonna be really neat if it works out. I was worried about there being enough room in there but you could fit a bus load of people between the two logs.

Should be interesting. Just wanted to share.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Prepared ground blind last night.

Watch the wind, especially if you have more than just yourself in that blind. I wouldn't allow anyone in there except yourself. Your chances of getting busted will greatly increase, video or no video. Pop's or no pop's. I hunt a lot off the ground, and I usually have to lay against a tree with a ground blind around me, and almost fall asleep (I'm that still) to see deer. Watch your odors as well. I have been using scentlock when I hunt on the ground, and it works.