Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ground Blind

Old 12-08-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Ground Blind

Any recomendations on ground blinds? quiet-fast setup , shoot through ect..

Old 12-08-2006, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Ground Blind

Double Bull. Yeah, I know they are expensive, but I've owned quite a few blinds and was NOTHING but aggravated with them......I would have saved a ton of money if I just would have bought a Matrix and been done with it.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:20 PM

Double Bull likely makes the best, but most expensive. Summit and othersmake pretty good ones for a quarter the price.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double bulls are nice. With that said I have a year now in my Ameristep Brickhouse and love it.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have a ground max blind. Its made of heavy fabric, not the tent material some of the others use. It dosent have shoot through mesh but i bought some camo screening to cover a few of the larger windows. A few weeks back I had a small buck less than ten yards from me and he didnt seem to even notice me. If you look at bass pro the usually have them on sale for around 70-80 bucks. I wish I could have bought the double bull but im a po white boy, its just well out of my price range. I think the ground max is the next best thing..hope that helps
Old 12-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing beats a Double Bull T5 or Matirx , fast set up and take down in seconds , thight non wind flap consruction and shoot thru mesh windows.
Easy to pack and carry in or out and very mobile , can't go wrong with this blind and well worth the money , built to last a lifetime.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

with the shoot thru window dont they start to fall apart after a while? i dont get it?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:40 AM

Yes, but it takes a lot of shots before that happens. And when it does, replacement mesh is innexpensive and simple to replace.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 PM

I have the Ameristep Doghouse...Sets up pretty quickly. The "tent" poles are little tight at first, but loosen up. I had a deer run right by me during gun season! She had no idea I was there.

And, yes I missed. [:@]
Old 12-10-2006, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm sold on the Matrix but I might wait until next season..probably the Matrix II for $450. Have you seen the Double Bull "Wild Thing" back pack. That looks like it might end up on next years list also. I'm getting kind of tired of tree stands. Set up really 7 seconds in the dark?

I was also looking at the Cabelas Full Draw X5 if any tried it.

Thanks,
Ray

Quick Reply: Ground Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.