Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is there ANYONE on here that will absolutely NOT shoot a DOE? >

Is there ANYONE on here that will absolutely NOT shoot a DOE?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is there ANYONE on here that will absolutely NOT shoot a DOE?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:14 AM

Default RE: Is there ANYONE on here that will absolutely NOT shoot a DOE?

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

I'm a hardcore QDM guy. Actually I'm a TDM (trophy deer management) guy, and yes I have a problem with guys who dont kill does and I also have a problem with guys who kill 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 year old "bambi" bucks just because they want to tell there buddies that they killed a buck.

There a TDM guy said it, like somebody requested on the last page, so now can ya'll stop whining and talk about something else??
Do you seriously expect the "whining" to stop after making a statement like that?

However, if everyone had your perspective, deer hunting would be awesome, because big racks would be commonplace. I think it would revolutionize trophy hunting, which is what I like to do best. I don't like the meat, so I hold off for the rack. Mmmmmm... love a nice rack.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TURKEY FAN

Why are we still talking about this same subject? Some people believe in it, some dont.................cant we all just get along? However if u hunted on my property u had to shoot a doe to get a buck and the buck better be a 3yr old or older before you shoot. I am just now getting my spot to hold and average130 p&y bucks after 15yrs of hunting it.
I think we do get along, nothing wrong with a little passionate discussion.
I realize that if I hunted a managed property that I would have to do my part. I hunt fragmented suburban private properties that receive alot of different types of pressure. The season where I hunt is combined, you can shoot any deer if you have the right license. Alot of guys shoot anything brown while some of us target specific animals. There are also alot killed by cars, I mean alot. To apply QDM principals in my case would be futile. Everyone shoots what they individually want. On Saturdays it sounds like a war zone with many many does being shot.
It never fails to amaze me of how many deer there are the very next year. I think that if you would take an immature buck that you should take a doe instead. I just choose to hold out for mature bucks only. We really shouldn't compare apples and oranges.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM

I have no problems killing does. It is poor management for a quality deer heard not to take them.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:02 PM

buck, doe, I don't care if I have the tag I'll try to fill it.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:05 PM

i have no problem taking does. i try to take as many as my state/county will allow. especially now since I can only take 1 buck in Indiana, gotta fill the rest of the tags somehow.