Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You absolutely do not have to!!! >

You absolutely do not have to!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You absolutely do not have to!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 AM

Default You absolutely do not have to!!!

You absolutely do not have to add the lines..."I might catch some flak for her size..." or " I know he's not the largest buck..." when telling your stories and sharing your pictures on this board!!!!! ESPECIALLY when it is your very first deer!!!!

There has been some very fortunate new and young hunters who have scored and all of them add these lines to their posts because they think the"Big Bucks Only"crowd is going to bash them. If you are one of the LOSERS who posts the "awfully small" or "not much of a buck" posts among the dozens of congratulations which you know these young hunters keep checking back on and get excited all over again when they read the kind words... well then do us all the favor of not calling yourself a hunter or "archer" and go back to cutting old ladies in line and yelling at kids for "playing to loud" and slamming the door in ladies faces......
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: You absolutely do not have to!!!

my thoughts exactly MA Jay. ive shot 30 deer in my life and i still get excited when i shoot a doe or a little buck because if i didnt what would be the point of hunting
Old 10-05-2005, 07:08 AM

Thanks for your post.

My first bow kill was on the small side last Saturday. Both my huning buddy and processor gave me a hard time. I took it all in stride. I told my hunting buddy that if it did not have spots it was going down earlier that morning. First of all it was my FIRST bow kill. Second the smaller deer actually taste better. Third I hunt for meat not for antlers. Finally now that I have my first out of the way I can be more selective. (which I will)
Old 10-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

MD you dont have to worry bout being selective. if it still gets your blood flowing shooting a little doe then be it. as long as you are happy with you harvest thats really all that matters. me personally if i am in the mood for a nice tender dao i will still shoot a small one. so basically MD you shoot whatever you want as long as YOU are happy with it
Old 10-05-2005, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: CAMPFOURCORNERS

MD you dont have to worry bout being selective. if it still gets your blood flowing shooting a little doe then be it. as long as you are happy with you harvest thats really all that matters. me personally if i am in the mood for a nice tender dao i will still shoot a small one. so basically MD you shoot whatever you want as long as YOU are happy with it
I am usually selective about what I take when I gun hunt. I don't shoot BB or small bodied spikes which are obviously young. I have no problem shooting mature does because we have too many in MD and where I hunt does are unlimited. Once my freezer has enough meat I like to donate meat to the less fortunate.

For me it more about the hunt and not the kill.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:38 AM

Exactly what i was thinking. If you dont have anything good to say dont say it at all. ARGHHH My grandma always told me that, and i always rolled my eyes at her.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MDNewbie

Thanks for your post.

My first bow kill was on the small side last Saturday. Both my huning buddy and processor gave me a hard time. I took it all in stride. I told my hunting buddy that if it did not have spots it was going down earlier that morning. First of all it was my FIRST bow kill. Second the smaller deer actually taste better. Third I hunt for meat not for antlers. Finally now that I have my first out of the way I can be more selective. (which I will)
I'll shoot spots over any deer except for a huge deer. They tend to be perfect grilling size and I would hate the thought of them suffering out in the cold winter.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:09 AM

I had a choice between a mom and her two yearlings and took the smallest of the three only because I thought it might not make it throught the winter...I wouldn't take mom either....so what...backstraps withportabella mushrooms and garlic sauce...mmmmm. Process the deer yourself and save the money for a few cold ones.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

AMEN Brother
Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

AMEN Also. I even seen some people put down a hunter with a small deer. Dont have time for them crap dont stink Snobs. When them people buy my license then maybe they can tell me what to kill.

Quick Reply: You absolutely do not have to!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.