Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do u all think of parker bows. >

what do u all think of parker bows.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do u all think of parker bows.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:46 PM

Default what do u all think of parker bows.

oppinions,experience,anyone??
Old 07-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do u all think of parker bows.

The Parker line of bows is very good. I have several buddies with them and I'm pretty sure when it time for a new one, they'll be buying one again. As short ATA bows go, its pretty hard to beat the Parker UL 31. Super light. I own one. Its my bowfishing rig and back up deer bow.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very good bows! If they offered something a little closer to my liking in the ata and brace height dept I'd probably own one.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting Parker bows now for about 5yrs and imo they make a quality bow no doubt. I can honestly say that so far i haven't had any problems with a Parker bow and every one i've owned (4) have shot and performed flawless. I'm currently shooting the UL35 and have for a couple years now and absolutely love it. I shot the new Phoenix line also and they shot very well but i like the UL35 better. I didn't like the grip on the Phoenix but thats no major problem as it could be changed out.
I've never had to use their customer service for repairs but i've called with questions and they have always been very couteous and helpful in every way and they get a big thumbs up and an A+ in that department. I would recommend Parker bows to anyone.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently own a Parker Ultra Lite 31 Hunting bow, A Parker Ultra Lite 31 Competition Bow and a Parker Phoenix 34, I shoot 50-60lbs on all of them and love them all.
I have taken bucks and does , coons and possums with the UL31, its a great shorter ATA hunting bow with good speed. My Comp UL31 has been performing Flawlessly for ASA Comp. The Phoenix is my latest addition to my Parker Stable and I am very impressed with the bow and speed, I got the 50-60lb and checked the weight right out of the box was 63lbs, it actually shoots faster than my UL31 set at the same poundage.I will be bowhunting with the Phoenix 34 this year. Phoenix sits in the hand nicely and balances well and was a breeze to paper tune and group tune, I also dont care for the grip because of the way it positions my grip, I prefer a much lower wrist grip and it was causing me to have to shoot a higher grip, the hubby likes the grip though.
I have only ever had to have a service repair from parker on my UL31, I was shooting in the ASA Worlds Classic and had a twisted limb, sent the bow back to parker for limb replacement, what I recieved back was a bow with 2 new limbs, a new Stone Mountain String plus they returned the string which I had on the bow which was a brand new Stone Mountain Dakota Pre Streched String that didnt need to be replaced, They sent new Limb Savers to me, New Axles , new Bushings, new cable slide.
They set the bow all up and set the center shot so the bow was basicly ready to shot right out of the box, and has been a dream to shoot ever since. The bow was if I remember correctly back in a week.The overall impression they left me with was ..... PARKER HAS TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE And a GREAT line of bows If you have the chance Try one out and see what you think of the Parker bows for yourself. They sell very well around here, but not every bow is the right bow for everyone.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had bad luck with Parker. I broke two sets of limbs so far on my 2001 Feather Mag. That bow was my number one bow for three years, and I don't feel confident with the bow anymore. Especially since I will be packed in for 10 days in Colorado this August/September. My Parker is now backup to my Darton.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:02 AM

Very nice shooting bow. When I was out shooting the 2004 bows, this was one of the quietest I ever shot. It was very smooth, and their attention to deatil is awesome (note their fim dipped cams). I eventually when with a Bowtech Patriot Dually strictly for the performance, and I love it.

You would not go wrong with a Parker. BTW, I like the 34" ATA vesion.
r
Dan
Old 07-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Parker UL 31 and couldn't be happier! The short ATA works great for me, and even with my short draw length, it packs one heck of a punch!