Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MORNING ROUTINE (for the hardcore scent guys) >

MORNING ROUTINE (for the hardcore scent guys)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MORNING ROUTINE (for the hardcore scent guys)

Old 06-08-2004, 03:18 AM

Default RE: MORNING ROUTINE (for the hardcore scent guys)

Wow PROFF,,that sounds like a great cover up,,for morning breath
I use the earth body soap,earth cloths soap,earth scent shield,,,yea,I'm one dirty smellin sucker when I crawl into my stand.I love drying my cloths out on the line.I'll leave them out for a few days,,then on a morning hunt,I'll dress in the back yard.I'll tell ya,,slipping into those VERY cold cloths at 4 am is real good WAKE UP[8D]
Old 06-08-2004, 10:06 AM
etw

I take a sip from a bottle of pure vanilla as I leave the truck and every once in a while on stand. I've read that every breath puts out scent, why not make it vanilla
Old 06-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't want to burst your bubble but animals can smell the faintest sent (ever seen a drug or bomb dog in action?). I do the above thing as far washing in sent free stuff. I do it to cut down on the smell. I do know that everything in the house goes throught it with Tide or whatever. The Dryer is no different.

I know that I can reduce my senct only so far. I take the furthur step to hunt where people are. I hunt suburbs to cover that dang sent. I like to hunt places that people frequent, I like places the have fires burning and places where heavy traffic flows.

If you want to take it to the extreme, wash in a spring, hang the clothes in the woods, wash with sent free soap and still hunt the wind...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:55 PM

What have you heard about smoke? Any proof or tests that show any good? If there is any good I would hang all my stuff in the smoke house.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

I do dip but not in the woods. I dip on the way to the farm [in the truck] rinse mouth out a couple of times with baking soda mouth wash. It makes lunch in the truck nice. I also use the mouth wash every hour or so on stand.