Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do Game Cameras Scare Big Bucks?? >

Do Game Cameras Scare Big Bucks??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do Game Cameras Scare Big Bucks??

Old 06-02-2004, 07:04 AM

Default RE: Do Game Cameras Scare Big Bucks??

I'm going out on a limb here. That is not the albia buck. At least not in his final state. The drop tine on the right side of his rack dosn't have the mass of the albia buck. Still a dandy either way.

This is a great topic. My cam should arrive this week (I'm Still waiting on the usps). I will definately think twice how I use my cam as the season nears. I like the idea of catching them in the feeding areas but away from the stands.
Thanks for all who have given feedback. This is definately something to ponder
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

That buck is a monster! Excellent pics! They look to me as if they are all in the same location! Lets keep this debate going, very helpful to a new hunter like myself. I was setting up my cameras in possible stand positions, but now I think I will probably have to relocate them.

Thanks

Jim
Old 06-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the Albia buck. They are photos from years prior to the kid harvesting the deer I do believe. I read in a magazine that deer will become accustomed to the flash and not associate it with danger. Of course it will take time but it makes sense.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 AM

That is the Albia buck. They are photos from years prior to the kid harvesting the deer
I like the older rack personally. The WR Rack is too...... oh, gaudy!lol I probably would have let it pass[:-]
Old 06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Titleist,

That buck was definately made out as a superstar, rightly so, no wonder he had cameras set up all over his home range snapping photos. I agree he probably did get used to it, everywhere he turned he was getting photographed.

Didnt those guys in the North American Whitetail article even mow the grass there for him so they could get a better photo? I can't remember..but it seems like they did.

Stillhuntin' I like what you said about setting those cameras up in areas that you dont worry if the flash spooks them or not... ( if it in fact even does) Good information from what you and your brother have observed and from the bucks you have taken. Congrats. I hear ya... we dont have many 200 inch whitetail deer walking around this state either...maybe a few non typicals..

I have been scouting/glassing every evening this past week. I think if a guy has the time to spend in the late evenings glassing buck areas..your gonna catch one feeding sooner or later. I would definately use game cams if I could get one that is silent and can take infared images at night. I wouldnt be worried so much about quality of photo vs... just getting a look at the buck up close.

Shed
Old 06-02-2004, 02:20 PM

That is the Albia buck.

The picture in the grass in Luvstiens (sp) back yard. There is a book out about the deer with tons of pictures from game cameras. The family was hunting it for 4 years i think, along with everyone else that saw it

I guess the deer hung out on their property and they activly scouted it.

I would like a shot at his offspring
Old 06-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES, that is indeed the Albia Buck. ALL those pics are from the families own game cams, on their own property. The buck spent the majority of his life on just a couple hundred acres. Whats shocking is the fact that they was going in an checking these deer cams on almost a daily basis right up to when they finally tagged him. They claim that as long as they went on the property during mid day and kept to a somewhat "normal" routine, then the buck would not get alarmed. It's fasinating reading on how this incredible buck lived out his life under such intense hunting pressure. He even had a 12 gauge slug blasted thru him the year these pics were taken and yet he still stayed in the area and continued to be photo'd on a regular basis.