Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Game Cam Flash Scare deer?? >

Game Cam Flash Scare deer??

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Game Cam Flash Scare deer??

Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Game Cam Flash Scare deer??

I am looking at getting a game cam, but I have heard that the ones with the flash will scare the deer out of an area. I saw one at bass pro with no flash therm pic, but it was like 400.00. What are some of your experiences with them?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game Cam Flash Scare deer??

The infrared's are nice but pricey. I haven't had any problems with the flash scaring deer from my camera
Old 11-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had cameras for several years and have sat in a stand watching deer in front of my camera, and I have never had deer react adversely to the flash. I even have a Camtrakker with the "strobe light" flash.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:21 PM

As the other said, I dont think the flash bothers deer in my area. Ive used cams for about 5 or 6 years now, and get lots of pics of deer standing there for long periods of time not seeming to be bothered by the flash. What I did notice was that the 35mm cams did spook them with the noise of the film advance, but not the case with digital cams
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the tips, do you guys recomend a good cam?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Spike

I've got a Moultrie camera set up in my backyard and watched two does get their pictures with a flash taken tonight without even flinching. This camera has worked great and was under $100's.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 PM

cuddeback!there real good

Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM

Another vote for the Cuddeback.. The Moultrie cams are OK too for the money but I dont think thay are as good as the Cuddeback, I own both, and both have their place.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

I got a moultrie game watcher from walmart this fall and love it. about $100 plus memory card, 2 rechargable batteries and charger, came to about $150, totally paid for by winning all the buck pots opening weekend with my first buck ever, which i also got a pic of 2 days earlier, while he nibbled at the deer block for about 7 or 8 minutes w/o getting spooked by the flash. heres the pic
Old 11-28-2006, 11:13 AM

we have a leaf river camera that was refurbished from a deer show in birmingham..... it works great and it was about $150.... they had another model that had like infared flash and all that fancy stuff..... ouurs is doing great.... heres a pic we got from it.....

Quick Reply: Game Cam Flash Scare deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.