Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good. >

Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.

I did the same thing in January after whitetail season was over here in Illinois. I'm slowly getting there, it's definatly not a pick up and shoot as acurate as the wheels but I have to say that I do enjoy it more. Here is my new baby...Morrison take down...

Sweeeet....
Old 05-13-2004, 11:24 AM

mshane:

If I were a deer, I would be proud to have been shot with that beauty. [&:]
Old 05-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its alright ... but who likes actionwood ?

I'm seriously thinking about bidding on that one on EBAY - GORGEOUS !!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:58 PM

I like the skins but it's too heavy for me........ There is one on tradgang right now......Waiting on a Thermal and just got a Chek Mate Hunter II...Jump in head first I say[:@][:@]

I like the Actionwood for the overall heft of the riser, nice and stable in the hand....If your asking...
Old 05-13-2004, 07:16 PM

I think thats great I wish I could shoot one well enough to hunt with.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:44 PM

Buckslayer:

It is simply a matter of learning and following a different and correct process. Even though some aspects may be similar between a compound and a recurve, pretend that none are.

Once you accept that recurve is totally different, pretend that nothing related to compound applies, learn how to properly setup a recurve for your physical specs, learn how to properly setup and tune a recurve, understand how to obtain best arrow flight from a recurve, and understand how to troubleshoot a recurve, you will be an accurate stick shooter.

Lastly, you do not have to shoot a bare bow and you do not have to shoot instinctively. You can "Gucci" the bow.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think thats great I wish I could shoot one well enough to hunt with.
Define what well enough is Bigbuckslayer3 ? I think theres no doubt c903 and myself could pick up the compounds again and shoot lights out compared to what we do right now. Is that the point of archery though, putting the arrow withing 1/4" of where its suppose to go every single shot ? Is 10" groups "good enough" ? 8" groups ? 2" groups ?

c903 - don't trick it out. Shoot off the shelf, seal skin, bare tune your shafts and you'll have arrow flight that the Hoyt guys will envy ! I made some 63# spine shafts up the other day and tried to get them all within 10 grains of each other, and though they're heavy (about 600 total grain weight) they fly nicely.

There was a thread on wet feathers ..... wet feathers shouldn't impact your shooting much if your shafts are tuned to your bow. I believe this. How many guys can strip their feathers/vanes off their shafts and their arrows fly straight ?
Old 05-14-2004, 07:31 AM
nub

Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good. Compound bows, that is.
Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya![] Guess we won't see ya in here anymore. You'll be posting in C903's new home.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:16 AM

Nub:

Only when I go brain-dead and forget all I know about shooting and hunting with compounds, and only when what I have to say is strictly Trad related.

When I do choose to leave a room, I always back out. You just never know when there might be a Robert "Bob" Ford in the room.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:34 PM

Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: Leaving it all behind and hanging up the bow for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.