Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How To get better Shooting Form? >

How To get better Shooting Form?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How To get better Shooting Form?

Old 04-09-2004, 07:46 AM

Default How To get better Shooting Form?

Hey everyone, Im new to Huntingnet so howdy! I was wondering if there was any exercises or such i could do to obtain better shooting form. and do you guys and girls recomend a peep or no peep, im deer hunting .
THanks everyone.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:31 AM

Default RE: How To get better Shooting Form?

First of all Welcome aboard! As far as form goes I think it is best to have a pro watch you shoot and take the constructive critism as it comes. Shoot often but not so much that you are shooting with tired muscles as this can lead to bad habits and poor form. If you're really brave, have someone take a digital pic of you at full draw and post it here. Remember I said if you're really brave. We can be brutally honest. LOL
Old 04-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome Aboard!!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 02:05 PM

Welcome to the board. Post a picture on the board.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:57 PM

Almost 20 years ago, when I started shooting, I used to go over to my pro-shop owner's house and shoot with him. If I started having problems, it was evident in my groups. So he'd put his bow down, and watch me shoot. One of the ways that I learned to pre-correct mistakes was that every time I made a shot using bad form, he's smack me on the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper.

Hmmmm, I wonder if he could cure target panic??
Old 04-09-2004, 08:29 PM

Welcome to the forum . . . you have come to the right place.

The best way to proper form is more a combination of many things not the least of which is experience.

Watch experienced (or pros if you have some around) shooters and emulate them. (join a Field Archery Club) and while shooting with them, if you are doing something wrong . . . most will freely offer advice. Sometimes even brutal[:'(].

Practice . . . but as you learn, you will come to know that "Only Perfect Practice makes Perfect." Shoot often but don't over do it. Don't practice Bad Habits . . . they are difficult to break[:@].

Equipment is only a part of making an archer. Buy the best you can afford that you can handle with unquestionable confidence and be satisfied with it. [8D]

As for the Peep vs No Peep, I shoot with a No Peep and ANYTIME my form slips, it reminds me without hurting my feelings. And it has increased my accuracy a great deal.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:34 PM

I think he means shoot with a peep or go peepless, not the no-peep brand site. I'm not sure though. You don't use a peep though cause you use the no-peep. I'm confused.