Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A bow hunters review of the Muzzy zero effect >

A bow hunters review of the Muzzy zero effect

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A bow hunters review of the Muzzy zero effect

Old 02-24-2004, 04:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A bow hunters review of the Muzzy zero effect

Bearklr... that's rediculous. Why would you buy, bring it home and decide you need to have someone else do it. Me, I just left it with them to begin with.[&:][8D] I saved all that gas for a dual trip. Len and his crew have put so many of those things on they can do it in the time it takes for you to browse the shelves in the off season. I love my Muzzy. As far as the "Big Hook" getting caught on brush????? NOT! I have been in some pretty tight, low down, belly crawlin' places. Long before you get your "BIG HOOK" caught on brush you'll poke a limb throught the cables, in your eye, up your nose or someplace else. Getting the "Big Hook" caught is a theory develeped by the "nay-sayers" to slam a product. In actual practice it's no worry at all. I'm pretty hard on my bow at times. I've never had the parts for the Muzzy get in the way or fail in 3 years of use.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:31 AM

I think that this is the best drop away rest I have ever used. The keep trying others but I always end up back to the MZE. I have tried the Trapdoor, Trophy Taker, Bodoodle Game Dropper, Quick Tune 4000, and a GFK model but none have matched the MZE. Just my opinion!!
Old 02-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len and his crew have put so many of those things on they can do it in the time it takes for you to browse the shelves in the off season.
..and that is why if I ever decide to go with a ZE again then I would probably just take my bow down to Len's have him set it up for me. I feel confident that I could do it myself without any problems but I know Len can probably put them together in his sleep. You should see the "drawers" of components for the ZE that he has in his shop. It is shocking.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good review on a GREAT rest , Len as Im sure you know when you run into the issue you mention the cure is "usealy" to shorten the turnbuckel [ threded piece] slightly .
Old 02-24-2004, 05:59 PM

ijimmy:

The easier method might be to twist the loop or nock on the string. However, if you're that close to coming off the stop, you've probably got the turnbuckle incorrectly adjusted from the start.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Davidmil,
I had to make two trips because at the time I bought it I was at the sportsmans show last year and there was no way in hell I was carrying a bow around with me all day[8D]. I also wasn't actually planning on buying one at that time either. Like I said, I'm sure I could have put it on, heck I work on my bow all the time, it's just that I felt safer letting someone with some experience installing it put it on, so I took it to Kinseys and let them do it.