Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Favorite" BS in a magazine/video? >

"Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Old 03-13-2004, 01:28 PM

Default RE: "Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Saw a journal/Video where a respectable Pro Football player shot a nice white tail right in the butt. "That was an incredible shot" he was heard to say later in the video.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:33 PM

Hey mez - I saw another "video journal" where the arrow went right over the WT buck. The buck jumped the string. This was enlightening when they rolled it in slomo and I watched in awe as the buck dropped at least 12 inches and was turning to run just as the arrow shaved off his back hair. ALl four feet came off the ground. I was amazed. The rest of the video was alot of ass pattin.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got into the habit of checking arrow quivers when they climb the tree and when they get down, check it. Alot of the time they will climb with a full quiver and come down with
3-4 missing

I too like the morning shots when they hit em perfect, then find em at night.

--Bob
Old 03-17-2004, 01:07 AM

Or the night shots where they trail em in the morning and there not bloated.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Bob H,I saw one once where they showed the hunter in the tree with a quiver full of green and white fletched arrows on an overcast day. Then they showed him make the shot on a sunny day with an orange and white fletched arrow, then crawl out of the tree with the green and white again IN THE RAIN!! Never had the weather change my vanes before like that have you? Not a good job of editing!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:21 AM

I think its BS when your watching deer footage with a narrator and you know theres not even a hunter with the camera man. Then the "star" of
the show shows up 3 or 4 days later, takes the deer and talks about what a tough week of hunting it was. I, like others, don't mind the editing but don't insult my intelligence
Old 03-18-2004, 11:12 AM

Watching the "Texas Trophy hunters" last night and this guy made and obvious gut shot on a huge buck. The guide was looking through the binoculars and said "great shot". When the buck stopped again and just stood there the guide told him to shoot him again. The next shot was better but still a little back. When they approached the deer you could see the two shots had gone too far back. The guides final words "good shooting" as he patted the guy on the back. What he should of said was
" YOu're darn lucky you got this one." Lets check that scope when we get back to camp".
Another one that comes to mind is out of a bowhunting magazine where
the writer states that Southern deer jump the string more than northern deer.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:43 PM

It's hard to believe hunters actually pay real money
for garbage like this ! The first time I saw each of
these products advertised, I thought it was some type
of joke . There are some ridiculous products on
the market, but these two have to be at the top of the
list!
Oh no you don't. you can't conclude this list without the deer dummielol I can't even type deer dummie without cracking up.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I've been carrying a camping mirror in my backpack for a few years. When possible I would tie or hang it so I could see a trail behind me without turning around. I could sit more still that way and not be moving to look at the trail to my rear direction. I about died when I saw the Hunter's Mirror on the market. It's like a car mirror with a flexible shaft and a clip on the end for about $35. It sure outpriced my $2 mirror !
Old 03-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer "The OUTDOOR Channel" versus most of the others. They show bad hits and misses. One good one the other day showed where the Bowhunters were expecting deer to come from a certain direction but weren't because there were coyotes. One of the hunters, a female, missed 3 bow shots at coyotes and they showed it. On other shots, they show a high hit . You can see the arrow hit. They don't hide or edit the bad shots. On another channel , they don't show the hits but it makes you wonder why they're hunting daytime and dark surrroundings when they recover the deer.
"Good shot! Good shot" ! as they high 5 each other . I can't stand Jackie B ! It takes alot of skill to have an Outfitter put you on a trail that has been monitored and you sit for a couple hours and shoot a B&C buck . Then you're looking real hard after following a blood trail and look surprised as you spot the downed deer but the cameraman is on the other side filming you as you walk toward it. Gimmee a break ! High fives for everyone ! After they get to "the great looking buck" they have to take 5 minutes of BS to tell what you just spent 20 minutes watching. [:@]