Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Favorite" BS in a magazine/video? >

"Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Old 02-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

A "TV" hunter going after turkeys has one come in and just as he is about to draw, the turkey is outa there in a big hurry.
The hunter turns and says "the wind swirled and the turkey pick up our scent."

AHA-HA! Yeah, I've seen it and heard...oops, I even said it! Not on TV...of course.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

After the shot and the hunter is tracking the deer--he says to the camera,'this is now about 50~60 yards from my stand, he's gotta be somewhere close, look here's blood, more blood--THERE he is' and by then the camera-man is ALREADY standing over the deer and the deer has already been prepared for 'us' the viewers--blood removed, the tongue placed back into the mouth---how stupid THEY think we are!!!
Another one--how many times after the shooter says 'Good shot, perfect shot'--do they show us where the shot really is when the animal is recovered---very seldom we are shown the shot on the animal--yet that's the first thing 'WE' do when we find our animals--is to look to see where exactly the arrow hit.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite BS is the camo bottles and all that type crap so a hunter can capture his own urine in.

Whether you believe 'em or not, study after study after study has determined that human urine will not scare mature whitetails. I pee in scrapes every time I can, and I always check them later to find them freshenened up vigorously after the fact.

I pee off my stand; never had a problem. Took two P&Y'ers this year, both less than 12 yards away. Cracks me up evey time I see a pee bottle.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

To everybody, I love it! I just saw the cough silencer, but had yet to see a deer view mirror.

I'm really fed up with the marginal shots played up as good shots. I recently saw the umpteenth version of a famous whitetail series, with a very famous bowhunter on it. (By the way, how much name mentioning can we get away with on this site before the secret police step in?) Anyway, this very famous bowhunter, last name rhymes with a synonym for smelly, takes a very deliberate shot at a buck that appears to be walking toward him at a quartering-to angle. He purposely puts the arrow BEHIND the shoulder, clearly a case of one lung and then guts. Then, he sits there explaining how the shot was perfect and how it hit TWO lungs. Then, if you're really paying attention to daylight and such, it's pretty clear they shot it in the evening, then don't recover it 'til next morning. I was just frothing at the mouth, and it changed my whole opinion of that guy, I can tell you.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dirt2, don't think you've got anything to worry about in regards to the secret police when it comes to matters such as you've mentioned. I'd say go ahead and mention the guy's name. And I know someone who thinks he knows something will come on later and say something really intelligent about slander or libel. (To that person, it would be libel, since it's in print form. Slander is of the oral variety. ) But, you have nothing to fear when discussing a person who has put himself in the public eye as someone who does when he is featured in a video. Libel -- or slander, for that matter -- is only applicable when a person intentionally sets out to defame someone's character, and is not considered for discussing that person's actions when presented to the public as in the form of a video. Truth is always the bottom-line defense when accused of libel and/or slander. As long as you're truthful in your perceptions about someone, you have nothing to worry about. Also, just to ease your mind even further, the courts have established precedents dictating that people in the "public eye" have an even harder time proving libel because they made the concious decision to place themselves there.

Now, back to the topic...
Old 02-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perfect shot" as you watch the arrow or bullet obviously hit back of where they wanted
that is probably at the top of the list.

How about the guys that still whisper after they just cracked off a shot with their 300 RUM at one of those 15 monster bucks. I never got that one.
I have caught myself doing that one. It's hard to shift from quiet mode back to normal mode.

"I can't shoot for sh#t at targets, but I never miss on game."
That's pretty much me with a shotgun, except I don't say I never miss. I can't shoot skeet to save my life but I have hit 26 doves in a row before missing. Also, a few years back I went 54 for 63 on doves in a 4 day period but again I would be lucky to hit 18 of 25 skeet. [:@]

After the shot and the hunter is tracking the deer--he says to the camera,'this is now about 50~60 yards from my stand, he's gotta be somewhere close, look here's blood, more blood--THERE he is' and by then the camera-man is ALREADY standing over the deer and the deer has already been prepared for 'us' the viewers--blood removed, the tongue placed back into the mouth---how stupid THEY think we are!!!
I hate that too. Don't insult my intelligence, just show it to me like it happened. That's why I like Primos and Realtree Roadtrips.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:09 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Just saw one the other day. I forget which show it was, guy had a really nice buck at about 25 yards and shot over his back. They went through the whole I can't believe I missed that shot thing for about 5 minutes. They then went on to explain that if you watched the shot in slow motion you could see a small twig that the shooter failed to see. In the slow mo replay you could clearly see the twig and you could more clearly see that he didn't hit the twig and deflect his arrow. He muffed the shot period.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:04 PM

Oh I forgot............"Without UV remover you will glow in a deers eyes"

What a freakin' joke.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was turned off from a whole video series when a guy threw his bow after arrowing a big bull and the comment was made on how he treats his bow because it was free. It sent a good message to the observers.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iquote]I was turned off from a whole video series when a guy threw his bow after arrowing a big bull and the comment was made on how he treats his bow because it was free.[/quote]

I 'think' it was Michael Waddell who did that--I myself thought that was insidious. Mike is a great guy, his videos are entertaining--beats me why he would have done something like that.
I certainly wouldn't do that with any of my bows.

Quick Reply: "Favorite" BS in a magazine/video?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.