Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 # of P&Y in bow range? >

# of P&Y in bow range?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

# of P&Y in bow range?

Old 02-12-2004, 03:54 PM

Default # of P&Y in bow range?

How many P&Y's have you had within bow range?

I've been bowhunting for about 12 years, over that time span I've only had 2 P&Y bucks within bow range, the first one, was a 18 inch 10 pt, but unfortunately he brought a budy with him, and the smaller buck busted me getting into position.

The second was a very wide and tall 8pt, that I shot and never recovered, after a week long search.

How about you guys? How long have you bowhunted and how many P&Y's have you had in range?
Old 02-12-2004, 04:05 PM

Default RE: # of P&Y in bow range?

I've bow hunted off & on for 15 years & was lucky enough to take a P&Y black bear @ 9 yds.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:10 PM

I have only been bowhunting for 2 years now. But over the years i have had quite a few in while i was hunting elk, or just scouting even.....Seems they come into range when they know i'm not bowhunting. But as soon as i am hunting deer they stay away.....
Old 02-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually have at least a dozen every year. Literally, whitetail deer that is. But B&C maybe 1-2 depending on the luck. I missed my booner this year, about 22yards, arrow deflected off a tree-limb and bounced off his back. Hopefully i'll have a chance at him next year, and his non-typical points will get even bigger!!
Old 02-12-2004, 04:53 PM

Only one whitetail back in 2001 ......but I got him ! And being from MS .....you can appreciate that (I killed him in Alabama when I lived there) !!

Passed on a borderline mulie this year.......I was after a hoss !!

Yeah DC....not a lot of down that way....or up here for that matter !!

Here's mine.....he's the one on the right !!

Old 02-12-2004, 05:01 PM

Yes I can CBM, P&Y's are few and far between down here. A B&C is unheard of.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:25 PM

Hello everyone, New here.....
well i have had alot of p&y bucks in bow range, i also have lets see here 9 on my wall.... Ive been hunting with a bow since 1989...
Old 02-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took my first P&Y in 1996 a whitetail, 131 7/8 gross and nets126 6/8 offical score I have five in the low 120 `s I have taken one 10 pt , and two-9pt and five- 8 pt and three-7pt and i don`t know how many six and five and smaller deer i have taken, last year i spooked i sure mid 130`s what i think was a ten pt. and this year i missed the biggest buck i ever seen hunting a 150 to 160 class. I have to admit my nerves got the best of me That was the last week of the season down here in GA, I guess I`ll have to sweat it out till next year. But i`ll be ready when it does!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had 3 in my 15 years bowhunting. I dont pay a cent for a guide service or land to hunt. I have only taken 2 of them one never offered a shot. They were both 150 class deer and ironicly (sp?) they were the last 2 years 2002 and 2003. In case none of you saw the pic in the deer hunting section. I have to share this Rack. I know alot of you appreciate character and this guy has it! He was a old boy on his way down. Took him at 5 yards.

Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

From front! He has triple brow tines on the one side and the other set are broken off. Killed me in the scoring or he would have been close to 165-170 class.

Quick Reply: # of P&Y in bow range?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.