Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOW!! Check out these new Vanes!! >

WOW!! Check out these new Vanes!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW!! Check out these new Vanes!!

Old 02-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default WOW!! Check out these new Vanes!!

I just caught a typo in the new issue of Peterson'g Bowhunting that gave me a chuckle. On page 122 on the arrows and broadheads page of new products, they talk about the new Blazer Vanes by Bohning. Here is what it says:
Bohning challenges archers to "Just shoot it". See for yourself why Bohning's new two inch Blazer vanes give hunters the steering cababilities of a four inch. The Blazer weighs in at only 5 pounds ( yes that is what it says) and the lighter back end of the arrow will give you an increase in Front Of Center (FOC) for better arrow performance.
Man I don't know about you but I can't see an extra 15 pounds on the back of my arrow helping with my FOC a whole lot. Of couse if you are shooting the Bohning 4 inch vanes you are talking 30 pounds on the back of your arrow so I guess 15 pounds would seem to help it out a bit.
Man am I glad that I shoot AAE 5 inchers[:-]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:24 PM

Default RE: WOW!! Check out these new Vanes!!

10-4!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 PM

I bet they have some hellacious kenetic energy.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, lets say they didn't screw up on the print. Would these vanes actually help or is it just a gimmick?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

BEARKLR: Well, it all depends on what you have now, what your setup is, how well the old bow is tuned etc etc etc. It's interesting that in "THE OLD DAYS" we always saught to have a 11-14% FOC. Then along came the speed freaks and the target shooters etc etc and everyone started saying you only needed 6 or 7 or 8 at most for great flight, lighter arrow, faster speed, more room for error in range guessing. NOW here this add comes back and tells you all the advantages of a heavier FOC. Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck.... Well, some of us have just stayed with 13 or 14 % for years and these things won't do a thing for me.