Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ridiculous changes..... >

Ridiculous changes.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ridiculous changes.....

Old 01-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ridiculous changes.....

That waas what I was going to mention during Clintons adm. They actually took the funds and gave some of it to anti hunting groups.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

By cutting state budgets he's forcing state to transfer to cost to the public(us).
The tax money comes from us too. He doesn't cut state budgets, he reduces federal money coming to the states.All of this money comes from tax payers.

Which of the dems do you think will give more money to your States DEC?

Clinton closed many area's completely no hunting allowed. Wouldn't let any type of logging go on. Which actually helps the animal populations by thinning the forest canopy. So nature took care of it the way it has for 1,000's of years by burning. Ask the guys who tried putting out the fires if Clintons policies helped them in their jobs. Sorry to go off topic.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:01 PM

Isn't this the second year in a row they've done this? I think they raised them last year. I'm not trying to complain, I actually think lowering the youth licenses may get more youth into the hunting tradition.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It isn't that much money dude. You pay that much to take a family of 3 to the movies for a couple hours.... that's if you don't buy popcorn. With your hunting license you get a whole season of fun and superb outdoor entertainment. Quit your whinning and be glad you can still go hunting. Get out and enjoy and put the miserable 4 bucks behind you. Cheeesseee Heck, I pay $250 to go hunting 6 or 7 days a year in NY. My Maryland license is free because I've taught Hunter Ed classes for at least 5 consecutive years and at least 2 classes in the past year.
[8D] $250 for 6 or 7 days. Ouch. Maybe we can hook up next yr. when you're heading north. Joe and me would consider it an honor to hunt with the butt hangin arrow slinger. We shall be in them Dacks!!! Jim
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it gets right down to it, most states hunting and fishing licenses are a pretty good deal. I don't think those increases are a big deal........as long as they go for hunting and fishing (dnr) activities. In many states, if they raised a license $4, maybe $1 might go to DNR activites(making hunting and fishing better) That SUCKS! Hopefully your increase will all be used wisely, not for some bogus non-effective program.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The last increase was in 1994.I wish everything would only increase 5% every 10 years.Hell,prescription drugs is hitting us for something like 15% a year.

No,they haven't gone too far,just covering cost.It is called inflation and I wish my shop would have a little and give me a raise.I make less a year now than I did 5 years ago.Thanks China.[]
Old 01-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

A few years back South Dakota raised their non resident annual fishing permit from 30 dollars a season, to 60 dollars a season. And they haven't looked back. Rumor has it they are about to raise it again. Shoot, I'd have jumped for joy if they only raised it 4 bucks..

Course now that their going to drain the great reservoirs to save a couple of sand birds and a minnow. Be kinda hard to sell licenses without the reservoirs, but hey, who am I?

Sorry about the rant, I know this is a bowhunting forum, but I sometimes get enflamed.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

avid: i agree completely I don't know if they have a lifetime hunting license where you live or not, but I'm definately trying to buy one. it's the only saving grace for higher license prices.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

plus they are lowering the cost of the youth fees.
The youth shouldn't have to pay a dime!

In AR, the kids don't need a fishing or hunting license until they reach 16 years old....
Old 01-29-2004, 07:33 PM

For $19 here in MO you can get #1 and #2 turkey tags, antlered deer, and antlerless,move to MO good hunting.Unfortunatly I'm moving to SC in a couple weeks, I think I'll have enough time to get the Outback or one of the Bowtechs good n' sighted