Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ridiculous changes..... >

Ridiculous changes.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ridiculous changes.....

Old 01-28-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Ridiculous changes.....

I support preserving wildlife and all. ( afterall, I'm going to college for it), but Ohio has just taken it too far. They are raising the prices of everything (if you haven't heard already), and a lot of people are unhappy. If you haven't heard, check out this link.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/News...rease_0703.htm
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ridiculous changes.....

AB, I don't think they are hitting you too hard. $4 here and there, plus they are lowering the cost of the youth fees. Sounds like an ok trade to me. Plus it's all for the good anyhow.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:04 AM

I hunt with the Officer for Highland county and he told me more raises are to come.. so just keep your eyes open... Pretty soon they will make a mistake and we might be happy for our kids, but we might just have to watch them do all of the hunting. (if you have kids, if you don't your out of luck)
Old 01-28-2004, 10:21 AM

BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Sorry for stiring the hornets nest bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Where exactly in the US Constitution is the mandate to support individual state's hunting and DNR offices? It is a state issue and always should have been.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:05 AM

avid doesnt sound to bad to me, i wish my state had come up with a better plan than what they did, i believe the citizens of michigan would rather of had a increase in hunting an fishing licenses, rather than what we got, instead here they decided to cut the school budgets, for example i live in a fairly small town cedar springs and our school budget was cut by 287.000 dollars, so it seems our children here are the ones to suffer well my 2cents worth deadshot
Old 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Compare the price of a license to going to the movies or taking your kids to McDonalds or a nice steak dinner and bottle of wine.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

It isn't that much money dude. You pay that much to take a family of 3 to the movies for a couple hours.... that's if you don't buy popcorn. With your hunting license you get a whole season of fun and superb outdoor entertainment. Quit your whinning and be glad you can still go hunting. Get out and enjoy and put the miserable 4 bucks behind you. Cheeesseee Heck, I pay $250 to go hunting 6 or 7 days a year in NY. My Maryland license is free because I've taught Hunter Ed classes for at least 5 consecutive years and at least 2 classes in the past year.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:14 PM

We can thank G.W. for this. By cutting state budgets he's forcing state to transfer to cost to the public(us). These programs were under funded when he took office and he just continuse to slash budgets to fund his wars and "tax cuts". Unless we can get the Whitehouse to declare big game animals "enemy combatants" we can only expect this to get worse.

You can't blame the DNR for doing what it takes to keep upand running. I'd suggest looking higher up the ladder.But, It's 2004 and we can change this

That's the funniest thing I've read all week. I sure hope it was in jest.

I think you better look at the Governor of your State and the State House of Reps and State Senate. They are the ones who determine your State's budget year to year. And they are usually (depending on the State) the ones to approve increases for the DNR or whatever.

I don't want to turn this guy's thread into a political debate, but, just because the democraps are keeping quiet now, don't think that they won't try to enact more gun control laws once they are in office. They're just smarter than Gore and Clinton right now by not voicing their intentions. We all know that's what really cost Gore the election, his and Clinton's views on guns.

avid......., It's always a pain when the fees go up. But, when you stop to think about what it's going for, and how the money is used, it's not too bad. Pittman-Robertson Act is not the answer to all. Out of all the money it collects, only a percentage is given to any one State, and that percentage is determined by how many licenses are sold in that State. Not really fair when you consider how many licenses are sold in Rhode Island compared to how many are sold in Colorado. You'd think that each State would get to keep the money that is spent in their State, but it doesn't. In fact, I guess it's feasible that a State could receive less back from P-R than from what is actually spent in their state. A State with 500 license holders spending over $1,000,000.00 won't get back as big a percentage as a State that has 1000 license holders spending $500,000.00. The system is good, but could use some tweaking.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

We can thank G.W. for this.
Actually, I thought it was Slick Willie and his Democrat cronies and their raids on the Pittman/Robertson funds that are to blame. How soon we forget...[:'(]

Quick Reply: Ridiculous changes.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.