Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Okay, I'm pissed...... >

Okay, I'm pissed......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Okay, I'm pissed......

Old 01-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay, I'm pissed......

Sitting down when you're use to shooting standing up has a BIG impact when shooting at low light in the cold, , 35 yards at deer that have been hunted for 5 months

Seriously.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:13 PM

Well boys,

I think we are all on the same page, and we can end this thread.

Case Closed.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Archer18, What are you the moderator in training or something. You were calling for the Ted thread to be pulled this one should end. What's up. It's allright they have moderators on each page.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:08 PM

Ther's an old saying something about an archer sees how far he can get from his target and still hit the bullseye and a hunter see's how close he can get to his target.

I'm not gonna preach ethics,that's something for you to come to grips with on your own.We all have our limits.I do know from 20 years of bowhunting that 35 yds in low light is a tough shot.Alot of vines limbs etc can get hard to pick out that late.The deer has time to react to the shot which is what I bet happened.If you got 14-15 inches of penetration in the right spot she ain't running 400 yds.

As a bowhunter allways try to learn something when things go bad.First off you misjudged the yardage,that for one is what makes long shots tough.Unless I know the exact distance I don't take long shots.Also I know that just because i can keep em in the kill zone out to 40 yds in practice does'nt mean that I can make a 40 yd shot at game.3D targets don't duck or step when you shoot.

The hardest thing to accept when you start bowhunting is that unlike with a rifle you just can't shoot every deer you see.Fine tune your hunting skills and get as close as you can.I'll take all the 15 yd shots I can get.You said the pro shop tuned your equipment.Learn to tune your bow.Just because it was set up at a pro shop does'nt mean it's right.(unles of course Len did it)

One thing I try and do is get permission before hunting season to trail deer on the adjoining property.That way it's not an issue when it happens.

If you read these boards long enough you will see alot of hard luck stories.While bad things do happen to experienced hunters taking shots within their limits,that's the exception not the rule.I don't see anything wrong with your equipment.Plenty of deer taken with set ups similar to yours.Put that jack hammer in the ten ring and it'll do the job.

Good luck

CB
Old 01-28-2004, 08:02 PM

Once again you assume to much stealthy. You are just looking for a fight. FYI........It was 60 degrees that evening, and I actually was sitting because if I stood when I saw the deer I would have spooked them. Go start some crap elsewhere......

Thank you guys who posted the "positive" messages. I will learn something from this eventually.......

Board mod......CAP THIS THREAD.......ENOUGH IS ENOUGH......
Old 01-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

GroundHunter - Good luck in the future with your 35 yard low light condition shots, sounds to me like you got a really good handle on what happened.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

groundhunter--i never preach do's & dont's on here. if your confident w/ the shot-by all means, take it!

as for mechanicals, if your bow can shoot fixed heads just as accurate, use those. if not, i would stay w/ the mechanicals.

as for the shot-i think you hit the front leg or shoulder(ive heard that thwack before) --it happens and you move on.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:19 PM

Yeah, i sure am arent i charlie p. MY NEW HANDLE IS M.I.T. aka moderator in training...