Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK now i am getting pissed. >

OK now i am getting pissed.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK now i am getting pissed.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default OK now i am getting pissed.

well Wednesday was opening day. I got in to late. Thursday i hunted my tree stand in the afternoon i saw nothing but tree rats all day both days.

Saturday i setup on a clover field i had saw alot of deer in. But about amonth ago it dropped off i figured because i was not getting up early enough to go out and see them . Nope i would say it is the four dogs running around the field and woods. all public land mind you. I found out who owned them they life at a house just down the road two of them where sitting in the driveway unchained.

Yesterday i hunted another spot a bean field in the afternoon . I did this so i could set up my pop up and leave it over night.
I get there this morning and i looked for the blind for 10 minutes when i come up with the idea it was stolen. I head out and found it right where i set it up at. This was at 5.30 in the morning maybe 6ish.
I was happy i got in there early. I sit there till light and about 20 mins before it got where i could see i hear deer on both side and in front of me moving. I thought yeap all worth it today is the day i sit there till light comes. and i see nothing or here nothing till about 8.00 When i start to get stomach craps and start farting. Scent control went out the window then. Within 20 mins i was sick and had to leave. I Head out and just about did not make it home before i got sick. I do feel better but not enough i am going to go out.
I think even if i stayed i was screwed when i was leaving a guy came driving in to my area with a quad runner. Which you are not allowed to use on the public land he was in. I remembered noticing some 4x4 tracks along the field edge. SO either way i was done.

At this point the only thing that can get worst is I fall out of my tree stand (knock on wood).
I guest also as this point no place to go but up. Or down if the case may be.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK now i am getting pissed.

WOW that sucks. Call the game warden. I'm sure they would be more than happy to take care of the dogs and quad runner. Probably same people who own the dogs have the quads.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well hopefully things will get better. and at least you have been out this season. I'm still trying. I have a 4-day weekend this weekend so I hope to get out then. But its te wife's B-day so we'll see.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is rough, but, as you say, it can only get better! Good luck.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya i think i will call them
ORIGINAL: V8Ranger

WOW that sucks. Call the game warden. I'm sure they would be more than happy to take care of the dogs and quad runner. Probably same people who own the dogs have the quads.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

i called she said she would let the COs know.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

When i start to get stomach craps and start farting. Scent control went out the window then.
ROFLMAO. Sorry to laugh at you Tim but that is hilarious! I really do hope you feel better buddy but I was picturing that as I read it and I almost spit out my Pepsi.

My season hasn't gone as I had planned either so trust me when I say...I know what you mean! Keep after it man.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

i thought you guys would get a kick out of it. All i had ate was a bowl of cerial before i left. I think the was the have drunk bottle of water that got left in my pack in the cab of my truck yesterday afternoon
ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

When i start to get stomach craps and start farting. Scent control went out the window then.
ROFLMAO. Sorry to laugh at you Tim but that is hilarious! I really do hope you feel better buddy but I was picturing that as I read it and I almost spit out my Pepsi.

My season hasn't gone as I had planned either so trust me when I say...I know what you mean! Keep after it man.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

DO NOT FALL OUT OF YOUR STAND!!! Last fall I was putting up another bow stand on my property and it fell....with me on the ladder....about 5-6 feet off the ground. My leg was between the rungs and it SNAPPED it in half. Both bones were broke and I had to crawl to my Argo and drive myself over a half mile out of the woods...NOT fun!! Crawled up my steps into the house and called my brother to take me to the Doc. He walk in and nearly fainted when he saw my leg laying sideways. Ended up getting a titanium rod inserted from the knee-cap to my ankle. No hunting last fall for this guy. Friggin thing still gives me problems.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks glad your better now
ORIGINAL: WWhunter

DO NOT FALL OUT OF YOUR STAND!!! Last fall I was putting up another bow stand on my property and it fell....with me on the ladder....about 5-6 feet off the ground. My leg was between the rungs and it SNAPPED it in half. Both bones were broke and I had to crawl to my Argo and drive myself over a half mile out of the woods...NOT fun!! Crawled up my steps into the house and called my brother to take me to the Doc. He walk in and nearly fainted when he saw my leg laying sideways. Ended up getting a titanium rod inserted from the knee-cap to my ankle. No hunting last fall for this guy. Friggin thing still gives me problems.

Quick Reply: OK now i am getting pissed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.