Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks to crop damage permits!!! >

Thanks to crop damage permits!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks to crop damage permits!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Thanks to crop damage permits!!!

I have 3 farmers that have asked me to come and hunt their land including my grandpa in Peebles, Ohio. Thank God for CD Tags I can only shoot does, but hey, after i shot my number of deer early this season, I would love to go take another doe or two with the bow.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thanks to crop damage permits!!!

Avid.... I don't know where you live... but the nice thing about the CD permits here is they are usually issued as soon as the crops break ground and the deer start visiting. We usually start hunting around the first of July and hunt until Jan 31 including the regular season. In past years our CD permits ran until bow season opened. This year they ran until Jan 31 which didn't make much sense as we can alread shoot unlimited does with the bow until Jan 31. The CD permits are weapons of choice here but we use our bows. Just get your farmers to put in early as they can. If they've had them in the past they probably will just auto issue upon request and not have to visit the damaged fields.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Kansas in a couple counties they are started running rifle season roughly a month earlier and a month later than all the other counties. I'm 100% against it. I think the insurance agencies finally pushed KDWP over the edge, and basically wanting to nearly eradicate them in certain areas. KDWP is stupid to do so. I've talked to many guys going out and saying, since I have all this time to rifle hunt, instead of the normal 7-10 days, they're waiting for the biggest buck they can get. Pretty soon, everybody is going to wonder why there are not any big bucks in the selected counties... [:'(] I'm just glad they aren't the same counties I hunt.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Avid.... I don't know where you live... but the nice thing about the CD permits here is they are usually issued as soon as the crops break ground and the deer start visiting. We usually start hunting around the first of July and hunt until Jan 31 including the regular season. In past years our CD permits ran until bow season opened. This year they ran until Jan 31 which didn't make much sense as we can alread shoot unlimited does with the bow until Jan 31. The CD permits are weapons of choice here but we use our bows. Just get your farmers to put in early as they can. If they've had them in the past they probably will just auto issue upon request and not have to visit the damaged fields.
Nothing like extending the season!!! I'm looking into a CDP for my kid bro's 150 acre farm for next year. I am not sure if our's in NY can start when crops break ground but thanks to your advice I will be learning more about our NYS DEC laws sooner rather than later. Thanks again. Jim & Joe
Old 01-15-2004, 02:10 PM

haha you guys are lucky!!! i dont think they have a cd here in idaho, but i may be wrong, im going to sure check though!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

kshunter... I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Sounds like you're just talking about regular season. Crop damage permits are for the most part DOE only around here. The few exceptions are such places as tree farms where some guys Xmas trees become rubbing posts about the time they're ready to cut.[:'(]