Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 COUGAR Encounters Anyone??? >

COUGAR Encounters Anyone???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

COUGAR Encounters Anyone???

Old 01-12-2004, 09:24 AM

Default RE: COUGAR Encounters Anyone???

The guy that was killed in CA was from St. Joseph, so all the papers here are full of cougar/mtn. lion talk.
I have never seen one (hopefully never will), but they are becoming more populated here in MO.
A buddy of mine has a friend (isn't always a friend of a friend's uncle's brother's cousin? ) who has a picture of a tom taken in southern MO that weighs 210lbs.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard that a cougar has no problem in killing anything 8 times there owm body weight. Bobby
Old 01-12-2004, 03:38 PM

elkcrazy8, what page on the n.e. forum is that cougar introduction post on? i couldnt find it . thanks for the tip.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 PM

Big Country,

YES there are cougars in Illinois... I seen one for myself.. By OUR LADY OF THE SNOWS SHRINE... That was one dam big cat i'll tell you what.. Bout made me crap myself!!! I could not beleive what i was seeing...But it was a cougar..

ILDNR is full of it when they tell u they don't exist here... I know of other people sighting them down near forte de charters,modoc, and even at a friends private lake in prarie du rocher(or how ever you spell it[:-])
Shawnee National Forest too... There is plenty of land for these animals to exist here...

I hunt southern IL.. And i have also seen something while bowhunting one early morn that i wasn't too sure of so i stayed dam quiet and just watched it..
Not really to sure of what it was (was right at the point of just getting light enough to see)but i know it was not a coyote or a coon...

It was bout the size of a great dane heavy body size and solid black but had short leggs and was very quiet.. At first i thought it was the buck i had been after coming in from my back left side but when this thing appeared i was like holy s****..What the heck is that...And all i had was my bow and my knife... And of course i was by myself....

And just like anything else if you tell people they just laugh and think youre nuts..But i know what i saw, just don't know what it was...