HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - COUGAR Encounters Anyone???
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 PM
HNTNWHTTAIL4LF

Default RE: COUGAR Encounters Anyone???

Big Country,

YES there are cougars in Illinois... I seen one for myself.. By OUR LADY OF THE SNOWS SHRINE... That was one dam big cat i'll tell you what.. Bout made me crap myself!!! I could not beleive what i was seeing...But it was a cougar..

ILDNR is full of it when they tell u they don't exist here... I know of other people sighting them down near forte de charters,modoc, and even at a friends private lake in prarie du rocher(or how ever you spell it[:-])
Shawnee National Forest too... There is plenty of land for these animals to exist here...

I hunt southern IL.. And i have also seen something while bowhunting one early morn that i wasn't too sure of so i stayed dam quiet and just watched it..
Not really to sure of what it was (was right at the point of just getting light enough to see)but i know it was not a coyote or a coon...

It was bout the size of a great dane heavy body size and solid black but had short leggs and was very quiet.. At first i thought it was the buck i had been after coming in from my back left side but when this thing appeared i was like holy s****..What the heck is that...And all i had was my bow and my knife... And of course i was by myself....

And just like anything else if you tell people they just laugh and think youre nuts..But i know what i saw, just don't know what it was...