Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!! >

HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HUNT RUINED BY DOG!!!

Turkeyblaster, If that's true your friend is an idiot.

I must be lucky in 28 years I've never had a hunt ruined by someones dog.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:51 PM

This is what BB guns are for. Unless the dog is in poor health you won't hurt it and you may save its life because as obvious from the forum many hunters would shoot it. The Dog will learn and you will hunt in peace. BB guns are also great for those annoying squirrels that want to keep pestering you.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:00 PM

I shot a collared dog in my yard after it had happened to empty out my trash can 3 nights in a row. The final morning my son (4) was taking the barrels to the curb and the dog was following him. DEAD now. Your dogs get loose they are likely to get shot. He comes on my property while my kids are out you won't have to come looking for me cause after the dog, I'll be coming after you.
Count on it.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:43 PM

He comes on my property while my kids are out you won't have to come looking for me cause after the dog, I'll be coming after you.
Count on it
if your 4 year old child wanders onto my property, BAAAAAADDDD news pal. one thing i DO NOT tolerate is some idiots kid wandering onto the neighbors property. especially whne the kid is young and adventurous. christ, by the time he is 7 he might be looking for a place to build a tree house and there no way i would let some idiots 7 year old cute little kid ruin my property because he wants to build a tree fort and play army man. thats just asking to get killed. no wait, tortured and then killed. then ill kick the crap out of the parents for being stupid. ive never heard more idiotic mumbo jumbo in my life. god knows that a labrador retriever or a beagle with a collar on it is just a death machine wrapped in dog fur waiting to pounce on a ususpecting 4 year old child carrying a bucket full of dog treats. dumbass!!
Old 01-02-2004, 05:36 PM

PS: I have been told by the game com. to shoot it and forget it end of story....
In New York State it is illegal for anyone except a law officer to shoot a dog, unless it in on your property and destroying property. If you followed his advise and was caught, you would still be guilty and could be prosecuted, regardless of what he told you. Fortunately in NYS, we have the NYS Houndsmen organization, which gives members a lawyer at no charge, when going after somone who shoots our dogs. They will also provide any assistance they can in finding the offender. They are serious and so am I when it comes to protecting my rights and my property.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Im sorry bobby i didnt mean to get ya backup , they were wild dogs crossed with dingos,and yes they do have a go at people.i have never shot anyones dog before and wont start now. i like the scum bit mate ,ya got nice manners.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a B-B gun out while I'm hunting elk/ bear and deer? Come on scottbeered, get real as if I really need more things to tote with me as if a domestic dog encounter is a regular thing. If it becomes a regular thing than you supposing, "BEING THE INTELLIGENT," species, need to take a more rational point of view as opposed to shooting someones pet, I wonder what kind of message your boy picked up on this? I wonder if someone shot your dog under your circumstances, if your boy would understand? I will say one thing scottbeered, usually it takes a lot of post to figure a lot of folks out on this board, but you have shown your intelligence in only 3 post.
By the way, welcome to the board [&o]

vb.kiwi, there is a lot of difference between shooting a domestic dog supporting a collar as opposed to shooting a threatening dingo/feral dog.
A woodsman can size the two up pretty easily, but then you get the greenhorns who want to shoot domestic dogs with collars and then thats when I got to go and flap up some dust with them, you get me picture mate? Bobby [>:]
Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 PM

jroot ,

Do you wake up looking for something to criticize??? A few things for your consideration...

1. When I use the term "my deer", i'm simply referring to the deer I hunt, like most other people do. I don't feel like they belong to me, and you know that.

2. Loose runing dogs ARE different than other predators. It is a known fact that dogs can and do kill deer when allowed to run loose. I don't mind natural predation, because it's NATURAL. But I can't stomach the thought of some stupid mutt running through the woods chasing"MY deer". If you can resolve it by talking to the owner or through the law, fine, and that's what I recommended first in BOTH posts. If not , it becomes a matter of priorities to me. I'd rather kill a whole pack of loose running dogs than have them kill, mame, stress, etc. one of the deer on my property.

3. Your solution at this point was to "jerk a speed bump on the owner's head".
Yeah, that's a mature way to handle it.

4. Helpful advice - Get a better grip on reality if you are wanting to try to correct me.