Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunt ruined by Jerks...

Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Hunt ruined by Jerks...

Well Saturday was Texas open weekend and things were beautiful. my brother-in-law and my self split from eachother at the end of the trail around 3:45 and went our seperate ways I setup myself perfectly and waited for first light just before full dawn, I hear some rustling coming in from behind me fast then as I am looking around I see two idiots trash 10ft from my setup loud as can be as well. I through a quick cut to them to show someone is here and they keep on going. I get up and move across the dry creek and wait again just as first light is showing I heard 4 shots a pause and 4-6 more shots (sounded like a volley of guns) I pop up and see 2 idiots coming from out of the roost caring 3...WTF...My brother-in-law and me meet back up and we go and confront them. "Did you all just shoot them off the roost?" "no, the flew across the river and landed right in our decoys." they said. These two guys were dress in jeans, short sleeve shirts one carried a single shot breech load, the other had his in carry case over his shoulder. They had no calls, no decoys, nothing...they shot them out of the roost plain and simple. Anyway long story short there went my weekend for Lake meredith, canadian river. I think the rest of the season will be spent alone on my land.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 AM

Default RE: Hunt ruined by Jerks...

Those are the exact same type of "hunters",( I wouldn't refer them as that, but the anti's sure would), that are destroying the very meaning behind why we go out and sweat, freeze, lose sleep, etc. It's not the bag.........it's the one on one with what God has given us to see, smell, taste, feel..........the true hunter experiences these things. Those two.......bragging rights on how they shot 3 in one day. Of course they won't tell anyone how they got them.......that doesn't matter. Just that they got them. I have some real choice words for them, but this is not the appropriate place to say it.
I truly hope you have a better rest of the season level. Good luck and safe hunting.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:46 AM

I honestly felt that had I seen them on sunday morning and they tried the same I feel I would have accidently shot across them...

I am not sure what direction the remaining turkey scattered but I do know we didn't see nor hear a single bird the entire rest of the weekend. We covered a good 20-25 miles of the park too...
Old 04-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That really sucks, shoulda got their plate #'s and reported them, bad for all ethical and legal hunters. They are poachers, plain and simple. Good luck on the rest of your season!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 AM

When I got back to camp that night...(it is a 4 mile treck from camp to turkey) I asked if anyone in the area had heard about them or anything...two actuall campers said "yeah those guys pulled in parked right at the trail head and about hour to 2 hours later came out carring abunch of birds, and hauled but out of the camp"
Old 04-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that just sucks! Those guys shouldn't even be allowed to hunt!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Well next time don't move. Those people expect you to leave. I have had to move before just for safety reasons. I would have scared the birds off the roost. I HATE people like that.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

y'all should have called the game wardens...and they are DEFINITELY NOT hunters...hopefully next time you'll have real hunters huntin' in your woods.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: fl.huntress

y'all should have called the game wardens...and they are DEFINITELY NOT hunters...hopefully next time you'll have real hunters huntin' in your woods.
1. No cell phone reception for calling

2. When we were leaving we flagged down a Park Ranger and told him about it he said he knew and they had been trying to find him all morning...the same guy has done this 2-three years in a row and they have not had enough enough to catch them...no license plate or such...just a vehicle description and physical description of the guy...

I hate people who do things like that it ruins it for the ones who are law abbidding, ethical, HUNTERS
Old 04-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why do we have such losers in our ranks? I guess that could be said about every walk of life....[&:] What happened to common courtesy, manners, ethics and friendlyness?[&o]

Quick Reply: Hunt ruined by Jerks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.