Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Planning Trip ! Need Input!! >

Planning Trip ! Need Input!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Planning Trip ! Need Input!!

Old 12-08-2003, 09:47 PM

Default Planning Trip ! Need Input!!

Im planning a guided trip for whitetail in the New York State area prefferably.
Anyone know of any inexpensive, quality outfitters for whitetail in that area.
Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2003, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Planning Trip ! Need Input!!

You may want to surf the web. I found a pretty good one in south Texas that way. Remember, get references.

Good Hunting
Old 12-09-2003, 06:22 AM

Whereabouts in NY are you wanting to go?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:14 PM

Doesnt really matter where in NY im in NJ so its not that far. As long as its quality and somewhat inexpensive
Old 12-09-2003, 03:41 PM

I took my Dad last year to Stuyvesant Farms. Three brothers run it and they have some beautiful land to hunt, about 13000 acres, and ALL of it is loaded with deer. I've hunted there twice for archery deer and twice for turkeys over the last 6 years. They have a beautiful lodge with great meals and you get "full treatment" feeling. You do only hunt in the stands they tell you to and don't get caught walking around .. or you will get bounced! Prices for archery hunts are reasonable, rifle hunts are pricey.

You can call John @ 1518-758-2291 for more info, he doesn't have a web site but he's got some info to mail you. If you remember Dr.O's deer scents.... this is the guy, a real good person. He was milking deer before it was "cool" to splash urine everywhere!
Old 12-10-2003, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the input I will give them a call. If there is any other places within the tri-state area of nj that you can think of let me know.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:21 PM

I will be hunting Stuyvesant Farm for the muzzleloader and rifle season this year. Several of my hunting buddies have been in the past and they are on cloud nine when they come back. I am very excited to go and I will let you know how my experience is if you haven't gone yourself already.
I will be doing the Bow hunt next year.
For other hunts I would highly recommend Brady Ranch in Florida for Axis deer. It has competitive rates and trophy quality animals. You can spend as little or as much as you want depending on your taste. The accomodations are comfortable, the people are very hospitable, and the food is unbelievable, plus you will see exotic animals from all over the world. Check out their website at bradyranch.com. Oh by the way their is a ranch down the road that does Wild Boar hunts if you want to mix it up a little.

-Brandon